Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Question Loaning ebooks

Hi, I'm new here and, of course, I have a question or a proposal so to speak. Since I can authorize more than one reader, could I authorize my friend's reader, loan him an ebook and when he finishes it, remove the book from the reader and de-authorize him. Has anyone one thought to try this?
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, dynabook!

You can certainly do what you mention, if you like. The caveats are that a Reader can only be authorized to a single account at a time, and you can't read DRMed books unless the Reader is authorized to the account that purchased them.

So the practical upshot is that while he's reading your "lent" book, he won't be able to read any of his own, and once he de-auth's from your account, he won't be able to read your "lent" book anymore.

Just be aware of those, and willing to work around them, and you should be fine.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Welcome to MobileRead, dynabook!

You can certainly do what you mention, if you like. The caveats are that a Reader can only be authorized to a single account at a time, and you can't read DRMed books unless the Reader is authorized to the account that purchased them.

So the practical upshot is that while he's reading your "lent" book, he won't be able to read any of his own, and once he de-auth's from your account, he won't be able to read your "lent" book anymore.

Just be aware of those, and willing to work around them, and you should be fine.

Damn. I followed it up until "Welcome to MobileRead, dynabook!" Must be because I'm tired.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #4
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Cool. I can live with that.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote