Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 PM   #16
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorpler View Post
Somebody over on DarkReverser's blog mentioned it.
Man! Miss a couple of days of DR's blog and what the heck do I end up missing!?! That'll teach me to forget to cruise on by on a regular basis!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 AM   #17
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
A one-line correction has been posted at OpenRCE. This script isn't yet complete, because it only extracts one record from the file, but the decryption appears to work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Man! Miss a couple of days of DR's blog and what the heck do I end up missing!?! That'll teach me to forget to cruise on by on a regular basis!

Derek

Hee-hee
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #19
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
You're not dumb. It has to run in command line.
I just cant figure out the syntax...
I know how to use mobidedrm but I dont know that the input it for it.
I looked at my downloaded topaz books and they have an prc extension when I get them with kindle pc.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ok, I figured out what's going on. The first post I read about Topaz being cracked led us to unswindle which is not for Topaz. Subsequently, there is code for cracking Topaz. But it does not yet work for all Topaz files.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
toss a dog a bone! What does the command expression need to be
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #22
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ok, I figured out what's going on. The first post I read about Topaz being cracked led us to unswindle which is not for Topaz. Subsequently, there is code for cracking Topaz. But it does not yet work for all Topaz files.

Right. it was confusing....and not quite there yet.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #23
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
toss a dog a bone! What does the command expression need to be
It's in the response if you just run it with no params.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #24
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's in the response if you just run it with no params.
Yes, but the tricky part is that you have to specify the record you want output and the only example is how to get an image. I was able to extract an image that way, but I'm not even sure that images are encrypted (I don't think they are in MOBI, for example).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #25
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Yes, but the tricky part is that you have to specify the record you want output and the only example is how to get an image. I was able to extract an image that way, but I'm not even sure that images are encrypted (I don't think they are in MOBI, for example).
Well, right. I think the script is far from complete and is really just the start of a full-fledged program (e.g. the epub and mobi scripts)
Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #26
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Yep. However, by doing:

cmbdtc11.py -v -r img:0 -o image1.jpg <ebook.tpz>

I was able to extract a complete image of the cover of my Topaz book. So the new version definitely works, it just needs to be extended.

Unfortunately, the detailed description of Topaz that was up at:

http://www.latenightcode.com/devblog...ations-part-i/

seems to be gone now. Does anybody have a copy of it?
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #27
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I went through the entire book (which is "Death by Black Hole," by Neil deGrasse Tyson) and was able to extract 17 images total before the script stopped finding new images. Awesome. Now, if only I knew what other records existed. I vaguely recall the Topaz format description having information about that, over at latenightcode.com. If only it was still around!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #28
chorpler
Zealot

Inserting:

print(result[0])

at line 335 line of the python script let me find out that the following record types exist in my book:

dict
dkey
glyphs
img
metadata
other
page

Interesting, eh?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wondered about that last night, Jon, but didn't want to mention it in case you thought I thought you were dumb. Which of course, I don't.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #30
kennyc

Sounds promising chorpler

Tags
kindle, topaz