Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #1201
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
1200 replies?
Not a record, but a pretty significant amount of interest.

@Brynwall:
Yup, it can't get much simpler unless we convince Amazon to list a "$5 Option" on the purchase of a Kindle to pre-install the Jailbreak before shipment.

I.E: Why do they fight human nature when they could be making a buck or two (or five)?

- - - - -

Some vendors of Android base products are actually doing that (pre-installing the device Jailbreak) and calling it "Open Android".

Last edited by knc1; 09-09-2014 at 11:48 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #1202
originalgabriel
originalgabriel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@originalgabriel: You're good. Except that collection managing is currently broken with CM on 5.4.4.2 (but will hopefully be fixed soon). It should be working with LibrarianSync, though, although that's very new, so not really battle tested yet .
FYI: From what I'm reading in the CM and LibrarySync threads, they got CM working!

I'm off early tomorrow, so I'm going to give it a shot.
originalgabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2014, 07:12 AM   #1203
klawong
Enthusiast
klawong has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505 (incl.: PRS+ 1.1.3)
As post #1 and its attached file "kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N.zip" is concerned, I think within this folder the decisive "kindle-yossarian-jb" package for all 4GB PW2 models such as 9017* is missing...

Luckily there is still google. However, it took quiet a while till I recognized it!

Cheers!
klawong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #1204
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawong View Post
As post #1 and its attached file "kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N.zip" is concerned, I think within this folder the decisive "kindle-yossarian-jb" package for all 4GB PW2 models such as 9017* is missing...

Luckily there is still google. However, it took quiet a while till I recognized it!

Cheers!
Too bad your use of google did not find the thread "NiLuJe's Snapshots" - -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

Which is the current location of the Jailbreak (and other) packages that include support for the non-JP, 4GB, PW2 models.
(Those are the most recent package versions but they will not move to their respective threads until they are released. "Release" is delayed since additional models are expect before the end of the year.)

Last edited by knc1; 09-11-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #1205
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@originalgabriel: LS, yes (probably), CM, not yet.

@klawong: Also, read the first post. The yossarian archive is designed for yossarian's tethered tool, which happens to not be the main point of this thread.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #1206
KindleBabies
KindleBabies began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd)
My kindle paperwhite 2 is serial 9O17 9017. I extract the files to Kindle E: and I eject it. I go on my kindle and press the update button but it's greyed out. Yes I did read your FAQ but doesn't help.
KindleBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #1207
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleBabies View Post
My kindle paperwhite 2 is serial 9O17 9017. I extract the files to Kindle E: and I eject it. I go on my kindle and press the update button but it's greyed out. Yes I did read your FAQ but doesn't help.
Ans: Two posts above yours.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #1208
akikara
Enthusiast
akikara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
After two mounts period I've taken my jailbroken K5 for reading. When I touched Jailbreak document realized that there is a message "Kindlet Jailbreak not installed".
I'm pretty sure I made it before. And used for some purposes like ntp sync, eduroam wifi etc.

How this is possible? Any ideas?
akikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #1209
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikara View Post
After two mounts period I've taken my jailbroken K5 for reading. When I touched Jailbreak document realized that there is a message "Kindlet Jailbreak not installed".
I'm pretty sure I made it before. And used for some purposes like ntp sync, eduroam wifi etc.

How this is possible? Any ideas?
Welcome to the world of Amazon control.
Your device probably underwent an OTA firmware update while you where not looking.

Install the newest version of the Jailbreak from NiLuJe's snapshots thread and report back on the results (include your firmware version number also).
Old 09-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #1210
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@akikara: MKK != JB.

What were you trying to run?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #1211
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@akikara: MKK != JB.

What were you trying to run?
My bad, I didn't read the post correctly.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #1212
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: No worries, updating the JB is still sound advice in this instance . (+ a reboot for MKK to take).
Old 09-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #1213
akikara
Enthusiast

Kindle Launcher the thing touched.

edit: also tried to reboot but again error was there.

Last edited by akikara; 09-19-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: adding sth
Old 09-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #1214
akikara
Enthusiast

I also checked the ntpdate thing, last date was may, so for four mounts of time I did not use my kindle.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #1215
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Then yes, you need to reinstall MKK. As knc1 mentioned, updating the JB (and *then*, rebooting) is a good way to do that in a slightly more future-proof way.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch