Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #691
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranwe View Post
.. can anyone confirm that Kindle 4 Touch means the Kindle 5 Touch?
Yes, it's Kindle Touch (K5)

Like this one, on each changelog you can find download links under this title:
Quote:
== Kindle Touch 版本信息 && 下载链接 == (Kindle Touch version information)

Last edited by thomass; 08-23-2012 at 09:02 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #692
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha2012 View Post
Anyone, who is interested in this topic - I did a few comparisions between Duokan 2012, 8/2012 Version and the latest of the "old" Duokan versions...
These are my findings:
Thanks. Could be useful.
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #693
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
Just finished reading from page 1. I'm thinking of getting K4NT, the main reasons because of Duokan which support PDF and EPUB better. But PDF support seems like not yet complete, compare to old DK.

Thanks Thomass and other for many great tips!
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #694
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
EPUBS support isnt complet either. There are no hyperlinks support. )
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #695
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
I have some questions.
1. How to use epub embedded fonts in duokan kt
2. Does duokan kt support azw3
3.Where to put music in duokan kt I.e which folder.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #696
nwbdan
nwbdan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
How can I register to have a @duokan.com account?
I just use the Kindle's own software to get my documents over wifi these days, anyway, so an @duokan address would help me save up time.

Thanks
nwbdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #697
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbdan View Post
How can I register to have a @duokan.com account?
AFAIK through settings menu on Duokan.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #698
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
3.Where to put music in duokan kt I.e which folder.
Create a DK_Music folder.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #699
nwbdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I have tried to go through the settings.
It asks for an e-mail and a password.
Assuming it was a new registration I used both "example" and "example@iduokan.com" as the e-mail and a password of my choosing.
All I could get was an exclamation mark and some writing in chinese that I can not understand.

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #700
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It probably wants **your** valid e-mail address.
Just like when you registered here.

Copy and paste the chinese into google translate. Maybe it is telling you what is wrong.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #701
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbdan View Post
What am I doing wrong?
I haven't used Duokan for a long time hence don't remember exactly. However what I remember is that I registered through the settings page. You could probably create an account then use it to login to the system through the related item on the settings page.

EDIT: this and this posts may help

Last edited by thomass; 08-29-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #702
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Just got my K4NT. Install Duokan 5.4 very easy just copy two files and restart twice. Everything went smoothly.

Support for PDF is good, auto margin cutting and page turning on lanscape just work as it should. And it remember individual book's setting!

Thks for Duokan team for making this wonderful software.

谢谢多看! 我的kindle变的跟好用了!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #703
andy1m
Enthusiast

R5.5 just released, updating now. Turn on wifi, after 2-3 minutes, restart, DONE!!

So easy, hope it comes with more features and stable
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #704
nwbdan

Quote:
Quote:
I haven't used Duokan for a long time hence don't remember exactly. However what I remember is that I registered through the settings page. You could probably create an account then use it to login to the system through the related item on the settings page.

EDIT: this and this posts may help

OK, I've done it.
So all you need to do is enter one of your e-mail accounts (as in example@gmail.com), enter a password (it doesnt have to be the exact same one the one for the e-mail account you just provided) and select ok.

Duokan will create an account for you (as in example_98@iduokan.com) and that's it! Works perfectly
Thanks everyone for all your help on that one.

How is the 5.5?
Thanks, nwbdan

And is there any sort of a web browser on Duokan?

Last edited by nwbdan; 08-31-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #705
andy1m
Enthusiast

I dont have a Doukan AC but still can update using wireless.

For R5.5, I think not much different with R5.4. Maybe just bugs fix only. There may be wireless problem in R5.4 but mine was fine.

I tried to open few PDF and EPUB files, so far no problems.

Update: I think the smart layout for PDF is a great feature. The paragraf get rearrange and text can be enlarged. There are words joined together but I think they will fix it very soon.

Last edited by andy1m; 09-01-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf