Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast
Naderstouhy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Reading Books

Do Calibre Have any functionality concerning Reading The ebooks online without having to get it ?
Naderstouhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Thread moved out of development area, please read sticky for guidelines for posting in the development sub-forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Not sure what you mean. You can't display information you don't have.

If you are thinking of something like streaming, there is a discussion of that in this thread, starting at post 10.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
Naderstouhy
Enthusiast
Naderstouhy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Not sure what you mean. You can't display information you don't have.

If you are thinking of something like streaming, there is a discussion of that in this thread, starting at post 10.

i need to know if calibre web sytem, Allow users to read Ebooks, i already checked the system and all i can find is searching for books, And downloading it, and not reading directly from within the website
Naderstouhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderstouhy View Post
i need to know if calibre web sytem, Allow users to read Ebooks, i already checked the system and all i can find is searching for books, And downloading it, and not reading directly from within the website
Reading directly is not currently suported.

It is on the roadmap as a planned future enhancement, but I have no idea of the timescale.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderstouhy View Post
Most e-books (text-mode) are fairly small files that could even fit 2@ on a 3.5", 1.44M Floppy disk. Base storage on most devices can hold many times that.
With Data plans changing from 'All you can eat' to measured. a single download is far better than a on-line view which may need to reload portions of the book many times. Prices of SDcards and Pen Drives are so low that makes them the 'No Brainer' choice when compared to "over usage charges"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote