Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
lego1
lego1 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 350
ereader for librrary books- is the lending period shorter for Kindle?

I am a slow reader. I have read that with the kindle and overdrive, you can only check ebooks out for 14 days at a time. Is this true? Do they have a 21 day setting too? My old sony ereader allowed me to check out books for 14 or 21 days depending on what I picked when checking the ebooks out. I am wondering if Kindle only lets yo check ebooks out for 14 days? If so than I will not get a kindle and will get the new sony ereader instead.

thanks, Jen.
lego1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
It depends on your library. My libraries allow 7, 14, and 21 day loans; whether it's Kindle or EPUB.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
I haven't seen any differences in the lending period between the two formats. Like tubemonkey, I can choose 7, 14, and 21 days.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
My library allows for a 21 day loan period for Kindle books.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kindle eBooks can be borrowed for the same loan times as any other Overdrive eBook.It just depends on what the particular library allows. Some allow 7 or 14 days while others allow 7, 14 or 21 days.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert