Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Sinanju
Sinanju began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch Note Taking?

Bought a Kindle Touch and love it. I don't think it has been more than 20 feet from me since I bought it, and that is usually while it is charging. My question is is there a note taking application that is compatible with the Touch and what success/problems has anyone had with using the program. Thanks in advance..
Sinanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
toadhall
toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch
Sinanju,

I did a quick search for you. You could check these out:

Notepad for Kindle

Note to Self

KindlePad

I haven't tried any of them so wouldn't know if they are any good. Judging from the reviews though... probably not.
toadhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can always go 'low tech' on this and just create a document with (for example) a list of dates, give it a meaningful name, and send it to your Kindle via the Personal Document service. then you can open that and add a note to the relevant date. With PD synching, you can do this on any Kindle or Kindle app that supports PD, it's all backed up, etc. Or you can use note 'categories' instead of dates, etc. Plus it is possible to export via 'my clippings.txt'.

Given the advantages, not sure why you'd want to use an app, assuming there is one for Kindle Touch.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
toadhall
toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch
tomsem, that's a wonderful idea. I think I want to adopt that. Thanks!
toadhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Kaaya
Kaaya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I usually use the export "my clippings" function, and also often convert my clippings to word or pdf (using http://clippingsconverter.com) for easier organization of my notes.
Kaaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
http://www.amazon.com/Notepad/dp/B004LSLN0I/ 7 Dragon's Notepad is compatible
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hey everyone, how did the note taking programs work? I've just purchased my Kindle not so long ago and I'm a bit unfamiliar with the programs. Look for some advice!
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handwriting