Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #2026
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
fanfiction.net 'Pairings'

New test version with support for fanfiction.net's new 'Pairings'. Also fixes character lists with pairings indicated.

ffnet says:
Quote:
Displayed Pairing Format: Associated characters (pairings) are enclosed in square brackets: [A, B] C, D.
and
Quote:
Please note the word “pairing” can be misleading as it represents the strong association, which does not have to be romantic, between two or more characters as designated by the writer. For simplicity reasons we will continue to use this term until a better term can be found.
So while this is still being populated in the 'ships' metadata, I've changed the default label to 'Pairings' for fanfiction.net.

Try it out, let me know if you have any problems or comments

UPDATE Oct 30, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-30-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 10-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #2027
Feynor
Enthusiast
Feynor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. with Moon Reader+ and Google Books.
The way they are referring to Pairings, I'd say Associations would be a more appropriate term.
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #2028
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
New site

Would it be possible to add storiesonline.net?
The site is owned by the same person who owns finestories.com (which is already supported by FFDL) and appears to be structurally very similar, if not identical.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #2029
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh3 View Post
Would it be possible to add storiesonline.net?
The site is owned by the same person who owns finestories.com (which is already supported by FFDL) and appears to be structurally very similar, if not identical.
storiesonline.net appears to be a paid-subscription site for original works. One of their 'premiere' (IE, paid) features is providing epubs.

So I don't think we want to go there. Sorry.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #2030
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
storiesonline.net appears to be a paid-subscription site for original works. One of their 'premiere' (IE, paid) features is providing epubs.

So I don't think we want to go there. Sorry.
The last time this came up, I looked. They both work the same way. The only difference I could find was in the type of content.

Searching the thread, I found:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
@rlh3

Well, I have the working version of the adapter for the finestories.com, which should be available with the next update. The other one... I'd really rather not touch. It wouldn't be that hard to modify if you ever feel up to it, but, yeah.
Looks like it was the content.
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #2031
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The last time this came up, I looked. They both work the same way. The only difference I could find was in the type of content.

Searching the thread, I found:

Looks like it was the content.
Yes, it was the content. And this is the same person who asked before, and they had a perfectly working version of the adapter for the site. I know, because I ended up helping them fix it.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #2032
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Ah. I misunderstood. I try not to judge people's taste, but as volunteers we always reserve the right to not work on things we find distasteful.

That said, rlh3, if you already have the adapter code iatheia helped you with and you send it to me (or post it here) , I'll look into incorporating it.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #2033
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I had an adapter that worked, but unfortunately I had a computer die on me and lost it. I tried to reconstruct what I had done, which was basically to go into the finesotries adapter and change the site name, and add the new adapter to the _init_ file, but I was unable to make it work. I was hoping that someone who is understands these things could have a go at it and make it work.

@iatheia. I apologize for not giving you credit on this, but I wrote the first post in haste and did not say everything that I should of.

If this is something that the collective does not want to deal with, I apologize for wasting your time, and will forget about this adapter, and will continue to use FFDL for other sites.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #2034
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
FictionPad?

Hi,

I seem to be coming across a problem with one particular story on FictionPad.

Error / Love To Lay You Down / Twiddler83 / unknown url type:
https://fictionpad.com/author/Twiddler83/stories/1049

The problem is just with that fic, as far as I can tell...
Any suggestion?

Thanks
Old 10-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #2035
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconButty View Post
I seem to be coming across a problem with one particular story on FictionPad.

Error / Love To Lay You Down / Twiddler83 / unknown url type:
https://fictionpad.com/author/Twiddler83/stories/1049

The problem is just with that fic, as far as I can tell...
Any suggestion?
Interesting. Go look at chapters 30 & 31 of that story. Apparently fictionpad.com allows empty chapters--so empty, there's no chapter url.

I'll have to think about how I want to handle that--include them but leave the empty or with "This chapter has no text." like fp does, or to just not include chapters w/o text.

In the meantime, you can get what is there with using the url like so:

https://fictionpad.com/author/Twiddler83/stories/1049[-29]
Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #2036
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh3 View Post
I had an adapter that worked, but unfortunately I had a computer die on me and lost it. I tried to reconstruct what I had done, which was basically to go into the finesotries adapter and change the site name, and add the new adapter to the _init_ file, but I was unable to make it work. I was hoping that someone who is understands these things could have a go at it and make it work.
I had a go at this a little while ago. I thought it would be just "changing the names to protect the innocent", but there is a difference in how they display the dates. I have a attached my version of adaptor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adapter_storiesonlinenet.zip (3.7 KB, 126 views)
Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #2037
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a new test version with:
  • fanfiction.net's new 'pairings'
  • Heuristic replace_br_with_p feature for chapter text.
  • Handling for fictionpad.com empty chapters. Shows "This chapter has no text."
  • Add site storiesonline.net.

Turn on replace_br_with_p by including replace_br_with_p:true in the appropriate section of personal.ini. Some sites and stories will benefit, many will not. Some may break--it hasn't been tested against all sites.

storiesonline.net has site-specific metadata size, universe and codes. User/pass is required. I haven't tested what happens when you run out of downloads for the day.

UPDATE Oct 30, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-30-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #2038
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.51 - 30 Oct 2013
  1. New site: storiesonline.net
  2. Add replace_br_with_p heuristic processing feature. Turn on in personal User Config. Thanks, Asbjørn Grandt.
  3. Handling for fictionpad.com empty chapters. "This chapter has no text."
  4. Handling for fanfiction.net's 'Pairings'.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #2039
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Interesting. Go look at chapters 30 & 31 of that story. Apparently fictionpad.com allows empty chapters--so empty, there's no chapter url.

I'll have to think about how I want to handle that--include them but leave the empty or with "This chapter has no text." like fp does, or to just not include chapters w/o text.
Thank you for taking the time to look into this.
What's the point in posting empty chapters, I wonder...
Old 10-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #2040
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconButty View Post
Thank you for taking the time to look into this.
What's the point in posting empty chapters, I wonder...
They may allow chapters to be created before content is uploaded. Or maybe the upload errored out. Or maybe it's just a bug.
Closed Thread