Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
PB360 Snap on lid????

Hi,

About to order the PB360 but I am wondering if the snap on lid could have the snap part of it break off thus rendering the lid useless? any feedback on this would be grateful.....

Also, More stories of how small it is for pocketablility would be great to know.........
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The PB360 is almost exactly the size of a CD Jewel Case.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
small

It is very small and very light weight. Its about twice the size my iphone and roughly as wide as my iphone. So its fairly slim in profile but still big enough to be readable.

The lid doesn't seem like it would snap off pieces very easily to me. There are no parts that extend in such a way that it would seem to make them more likely to snap off.

To be fair though if you tried I am sure that you could break it, its reasonably sturdy IMO, but I would not say its up for some rough treatment, like say tough book laptop would be.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Hi,

About to order the PB360 but I am wondering if the snap on lid could have the snap part of it break off thus rendering the lid useless? any feedback on this would be grateful.....

Also, More stories of how small it is for pocketablility would be great to know.........
The lid works very well... can be a little difficult to snap on the back, but works quite well. It seems unlikely to break and covers the case nicely.

My only complaint is that there is no easy way to use a reader light at night. It has an odd shape that won't fit in other cases with a light on it ... the ectaco jetbook will fit in some sony prs-300 cases but the pocketbook 360 won't.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 AM   #5
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
The lid's not easily breakable thankfully.

There is a technique to snapping the lid on and once you get it, it's very easy to do. Align the lid in place, press slightly at the bottom of the lid just to angle it right and then give a firm press right behind (or infront) of the mini sd card port. That works whichever way you're putting the lid on.

Last edited by poshm; 01-19-2010 at 02:33 AM.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
The lid's not easily breakable thankfully.

There is a technique to snapping the lid on and once you get it, it's very easy to do. Align the lid in place, press slightly at the bottom of the lid just to angle it right and then give a firm press right behind (or infront) of the mini sd card port. That works whichever way you're putting the lid on.

Ta for all the feedback. I have seen and read lots about the PB360. I am still on the fence on it though. I dont like the noise from the buttons that I hear on the vids. Plus in a vid comparing the 505 and the PB360....I found the size to be not that much different. Alas, I was hoping for a PDA sized eink ereader. Still may buy it, but My 505 is a hard workhorse to beat IMHO.....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
The lid (or how we call it, 'hard protective cover') is unique for all competing e-readers... I haven't seen any other e-reader with such a cover. It is very hard and durable and so far (knock3thewood) nobody ventured to break it)

here is one more nice review of PB 360: http://www.walyou.com/blog/2010/01/2...-360-e-reader/
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Until I read this thread, it had never occurred to me that you could clip the 360's cover onto the back of the machine after taking it off. It was probably obvious to everyone else, but I'd never thought of trying it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
@Harry

So you missed out on one of the best features so far? And as an added feature, you are less likely to loose it if you clip it to the back

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
At the beginning its a lil problem with the hardcover to bring it at the back. But i think you get this after approx one week usage flowing.
The lid itself is very hard and i think its really hard to break it.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Until I read this thread, it had never occurred to me that you could clip the 360's cover onto the back of the machine after taking it off. It was probably obvious to everyone else, but I'd never thought of trying it .
This proves one more time that we need to add the steps to take off and snap back the lid to the User Manual!!!
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote