Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindles may be for sale at Sam's Club

From the Amazon Forums.

Quote:
Debra Sampson says:
Does the store Sam's and Amazon have anything to do with one another because I was in Sam's this morning and you can buy Kindles there. I was a little surprised and my neice loves to read as much as I do and her dad got it for her and it's a Kindle exactly like the rest of them.
After I questioned her to be sure it wasn't a Sony (which is listed on the Sam's site), the poster replied:

Quote:
Debra Sampson says:
Deb,
I'm positive. We are grilling out and went to get some hamburger. She just downloaded Twilight on it using her dad's account. It was the same price and all we did was registered it and it's the duplicate to mine. I reside in Kentucky and it was in Sam's.
Anyone near a Sam's Club who can confirm?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
From the Amazon Forums.

After I questioned her to be sure it wasn't a Sony (which is listed on the Sam's site), the poster replied:

Anyone near a Sam's Club who can confirm?
I am.........I will call now
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I am.........I will call now

I'm now wondering if that particular store is part of a test market.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just called my Sam's club here............they carry the Sony, not the Kindle.

This has come up before, right Deb?

Some people confuse the name Kindle with generic ebook readers.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'm now wondering if that particular store is part of a test market.
Find out which store it ws........and I'll call that one.
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Someone just made a good point. Kentucky has one of the warehouses that ships Kindles.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

am on hold with Kindle Support phone right now.....he is double checking
Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Find out which store it ws........and I'll call that one.
I asked which city and will post if I get an answer.

I had my Kindles shipped from 2 different cities: Whitestown, IN and Campbellsville, KY.

I wonder if Indiana has a test store as well.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Sorry, the gentleman did doublecheck with his supervisors, and he swears that its not being sold anywhere except thru Amazon.

Now, give me the location of the store, when you get it, and I'll call them also.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Her location said Louisville KY, so you should call:

http://www2.samsclub.com/clublocator...lle&myState=KY
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think she meant a Sony Reader. I searched for "ebook", and that was the only result.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/sea...mpleitemtype=0
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Her location said Louisville KY, so you should call:

http://www2.samsclub.com/clublocator...lle&myState=KY

Called the Louisville Sams Club.........they carry only the sony.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I think she meant a Sony Reader. I searched for "ebook", and that was the only result.

How sad is it when you don't know the difference between a Sony and a Kindle, and assume all e-book readers are the same?

And then post this on a forum.

This is how stupid rumors start.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

I asked her that and even provided a link to the Sony at Sam's. She insists it's Kindle just like hers and was registered on Amazon.

Quote:
Deb says:
Are you sure they weren't Sony Readers or Jetbooks or some other ebook reader?

Edit, I just checked their website and they sell the Sony PRS-505.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=386639
Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Hmmm.

Quote:
Debra Sampson says:
Deb,
I really would rather not state what city, but I did call around there and inquire about the kindle was told they would not be getting any more in. I wonder if there is some trickery because this one guy on ebay has 4 available and he's trying to sell them for 389.99. I emailed him and asked about registration because I was curious and he said that it's in his name but after he decided to sell he did an edit on his account information so that no one can order books using his account. Woody I'm sorry if you doubt but I'm not crazy and Wal-Mart and Sam's are giants and especially in small town Kentucky. They deal with a lot of foreign countries and it's nothing to find an item here and then never see it again. Maybe it was a trial sample of some kind for later sales is why it's not on the website. I certainly wouldn't lie about though. What would be the point?
Edit: I suspect she has a Sony and doesn't know the difference between and Kindle and a Sony.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-22-2009 at 03:09 PM.