Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 02-08-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iSilo 4.25 and iSiloX/C 4.25 enter beta1

Darren, the main guy behind the fantastic e-book reader iSilo, released the first V4.25 beta of iSilo and iSiloX today.

Highlights of iSilo V4.25:
  • Added color themes feature:
    - Ability to create color themes with selectable text and background colors.
    - Added ability to use an individual color theme for each document to force the text and background colors to those of the color theme.
    - Added Options/Color configuration page/panel and dialogs for managing color themes.
  • Addressing of miscellaneous issues.

Highlights of iSiloX V4.25:
  • Added ability to specify a maximum link depth for off-site URLs.
  • In iSiloX for Windows, added ability to specify the character set when creating Font Silo fonts.
  • Addressing of miscellaneous issues
Old 02-08-2005, 11:19 AM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
It's kinda exciting.

I'm looking forward to playing with the color schemes with my various documents. Maybe a color for news, another color for techy, geeky-ness, and so on...

Also intriguing is the ability to limit off-site links. I just started playing with excluding URL's and the more functionality, the better. And this next release is supposed to fix some of my RSS feeds that come through now as HTML-looking files instead of the normal iSilo goodness.

All in all, it looks to be a significant upgrade for me. I usually tend to wait until the upgrade is out of beta before installing it, but I may install this one to give Darren some feedback from the Zodiac community (I don't think he has a Zodiac device to play with, but rather it's all in emulation.) Maybe he'll have addressed the shoulder buttons in terms of giving them some functionality...
POL9A
Advert
Old 02-09-2005, 02:40 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This might sound small, but it is *BIG* to me! Isn't it just me or do you also believe that black type on white background is not ideal for reading e-books? I prefer reading my books on a black background with a light (light-grey or white) type font. That is why I used to prefer eReader Pro; now that iSilo supports theme colors as well.... m the WAY to go!!!