Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Lightbulb minitube. Needs eink love

built. needs eink love - ideally ordered dither to run without horror-story artefacts.

But run result = success

: )

I contacted the dev to mention our endeavours - feel free to lend your voice http://flavio.tordini.org/forums/top...-render-target

I even got it going on a 3. with a bit more labour.

We could patch the code ourselves but a mono target would be sexy anyway so contact the main dev it is. : ) Working on a patch in the background wouldn't hurt long term chances.

From what little I imply upon the seeming exit strategy, involving lots of nice shoes, reaching the widest audience possible cannot hurt.

I will attempt to figure out who maintain the debian armel port of this and look about something included in that stream if anything comes to fruition.

All in. an overall result. With the usual Eink caveats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_029.png
Views:	361
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	95969   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_030.png
Views:	346
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	95970   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_031.png
Views:	323
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	95971   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_032.png
Views:	316
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	95972   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:1_033.png
Views:	340
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	95973  

Last edited by twobob; 11-12-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: http://flavio.tordini.org/forums/topic/mono-ordered-dither-render-target
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I plan to create a linkable "all kindle" dithering module ASAP, but for me, ASAP is not very soon.

If somebody with spare time can beat me to it, that would be great.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I plan to create a linkable "all kindle" dithering module ASAP, but for me, ASAP is not very soon.

If somebody with spare time can beat me to it, that would be great.
Yep that is pretty much what is required.

Either something to get in the way of X or something that can be looped though for the application layer. Either would be great.

It's out of my skills price range I fear. Or at least at was the last time I stared bleakly at the existent SDL code and wondered how best to jam your stuff in

EDIT:

Oh and a nicer build of VLC if anyone is feeling generous.

Quote:
[0x2a4a61a0] avcodec decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
Found format 18
"http://www.youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=pblah&el=embedded&ps=defau lt&eurl=&gl=US&hl=en"
Playing "/tmp/minitube-bx4314"
[0x2a4caad8] xcb_xv vout display error: no available XVideo adaptor
[swscaler @ 0x2a72c400] No accelerated colorspace conversion found from yuv420p to bgr8.
"http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/?v=2&max-results=2&start-index=11&q=debian%20kindle"
buffering
buffering
buffering
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AoXYmOjJWvE/default.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zjDZE4-SV9s/default.jpg"
[0x2a5a4bf0] avcodec decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
I could look at vlc-wapper I suppose given the flaky way debian is treating user accounts. yeah I will actually do that.

Last edited by twobob; 11-11-2012 at 10:31 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debian, kindle 4, kindle 5, minitube