Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Question Current enTourage Tech Support Experiences

Anyone that's interacted with Tech Support in the last few weeks (i.e. March), can you share how quickly you got a response and a resolution?

Until at least recently, Tech Support had ramped up to 9 AM to 9 PM phone service and has always been easy to reach and provided top notch support.

I'm wondering if this in fact has changed, or if it's just one or two people on these forums that have had difficulty getting through.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Leslie
Edge User

Approximately Feb 28, the touchscreen on my eDGe stopped responding. I called Tech Support that night and was told it was going to Tier 3. I did not hear anything back the following day, so I called again Wed. 3/2. Long story short, it turned out the first person misspelled my email address. However, I still did not hear from Tier 3 by Thursday afternoon, so I called again from work. Within a short time after that call, someone from Tier 3 was calling me getting more info and giving me instructions. I sent my eDGe USPS priority mail on 3/7 and had it back delivered on my doorstep on 3/18. (They received it around noon on 3/9 and shipped it 3/11).

Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
diogenes
Edge User

Android went crazy last week and I contacted tech support by submitting an online request. They answered on the very same day. The whole process was a little slow due to the fact that they requested extra info before suggesting any action, and they only wrote me once per day. Something that could have been fixed on one day took 5, but all-in-all I found their support helpful and responsive. If I was unaware of what's going on around here, I would have never thought that the company was not in its best moment.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
paula-t
Edge User

Hi, Boris.

I got in touch with them at the beginning of March to solve a reregistration matter, and they solved it within one hour, by resetting my serial and allowing a new registration of a second-hand EE.

Tech Support also got in touch with me on March 8th, to see if I was satisfied with the solution and to be sure they could close the help request. It was a very, very efficient response I got.
If I hadn't read about the "situation" here in the forum, I would also have thought everything was normal.

Regards,

Paula

Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
NiaTrue
Edge User

I've had a very disappointing experience with tech support over the past two and a half weeks (details here and here), and I'm still waiting for a resolution. In the meantime, my eDGe is severely crippled.

Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Thanks everyone for the posts so far. Please continue to share your experiences as in many ways this is an important matter for potential buyers of an eDGe.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Batman Jr.
Edge User

I sent an e-mail inquiry about a gift card issue yesterday, and received the reply today, so I hope that means in the best case the company isn't being prepared to be shuttered, and in the worst case I still have time to redeem some accessories.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
Glow
Edge User

So far so good for me. I received my new PE yesterday. I love the form factor, and am exploring all the capabilities.
I purchased it as a 'Used - like New' item, and had to contact Entourage tech support to have it set as transferable so I could register it.
I called late yesterday, and got a response back already today. They were very professional. So I am successfully registered and ready to rock!

[re-posted in this thread by request]

Old 03-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
NiaTrue
Edge User

My Adobe ID problem is now solved! After some initial delays in getting back to me, tech support has been very responsive since yesterday. The problem, which some of you may eventually run into given how we live these days, was that I basically read/work with Adobe ID-protected content on too many devices. I read mostly on my eDGe, but also have three desktops at home and another at work (plus a phone) that I sometimes use for reading or transferring content.

Adobe IDs can only be used on six devices, which is what I was using, but when I reregistered my eDGe in an attempt to solve another (small) problem, Adobe thought I was registering a seventh device and cut me off entirely. Tech support suggested I ask Adobe for another one (after some prodding, they gave me four) and my problem disappeared.

I'm now happily reading the second half of The Black Swan (Nassim Nicholas Taleb).

Addendum: Per Adobe, in Adobe Digital Editions, Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac) will remove the activation on your computer, and allow you to reactivate with a different ID or the same ID when you launch Adobe Digital Edition again.

Last edited by NiaTrue; 03-24-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: addendum

Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
borisb
Edge User

Thanks for posting those details!

I checked and while there's an "Authorize Computer" menu item, I didn't initially see a "Deauthorize Computer". Knowing that you have to use a super secret key combination is useful

Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
sjarrel
Edge User

Congratulations NiaTrue. All's well that ends well.
And thanks for the addendum.

Last edited by sjarrel; 03-25-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
sarah11918
Edge User

Yay for super secret key combinations! Sleuth approved!

And so glad your problem is resolved, NiaTrue!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
NiaTrue
Edge User

I just realized something: Only two of the computers in my house are Adobe-authorized, which means I had only six devices registered even if you count the extra eDGe registration. I think an old computer where I used to work may still be occupying at least one of those registrations. Good think they're still around and I know people there. I can have them go to my old computer and deauthorize it.

Good thing to remember: When you ditch or switch a computer, make sure to deauthorize your Adobe ID before you sell it or toss it in the recycling heap.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
lorenzoens
Edge User

Smile nice news?

Hi there guys,
this is the answer I received in 20 hours from the customer support:

"Thank you for contacting enTourage System Customer Support.

We appreciate your interest on the enTourage device.
First of, it is okay to have the eDGe even if you are in Italy. Just make sure that, if the eDGe has a previous owner, he/she has already set the device as “Transferable from the www.entourageedge.com website so that you can register the eDGe under your name. However, if the eDGe device is brand new, you can register it directly.

Second, our skilled Engineers are still doing some tests on the eDGe device with the latest android version. However, we do not have the exact date yet as to when it will be released since they wanted it to be perfectly working with the device once it is released. We will be keeping you posted on our website for an update.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please reply to the email or call our Technical Support Hotline at 1-866-639-0080 (available daily from 9AM to 9 PM EST). Please visit our website at www.entourageedge.com to access our online Support Center for answers to our most frequently asked questions, or browse our large selection of e-books, e-textbooks, music and apps.

Thank you for choosing enTourage Systems and have a nice day.

Jo Carcasona
enTourage System Customer Support"

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
gecko
Edge User

Wow - some good news and some Bad News. The Bad News is that the Customer Support Person is a Marketing Type, evidenced by spastic capitalization and unnecessary adjectives ("skilled Engineers"). Also, evidenced by inaccurate information, since it's impossible that the Skilled ENGINEERS are testing Honeycomb.

The good news is that it appears that, indeed, no one from EnTOUraGe is reading this blog, so we can all just be patient and have a snack or something while waiting for news from them.