Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
[Old Thread] User Defined Column

I followed the Guru's youtube to the key on how to add a "read" column in Calibre...It worked well except to access the Yes/No (if its been read) is nestled deep the the Metadata, custom metadata.. Not like in the instructions..Would it be because the instructions are for a further back version or am I doing something wrong...?? Was hoping like the video, a simple toggle yes/no on the main view screen.....

Hey one more question if your still here...:

When sorting I have Last Name, First Name Middle Initial...But looking at the Authors alphabetically it keys on the first name, not the last name....Any way to change it....or should I have put First Middle Last...?? (is there a proper format...??)
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
When sorting I have Last Name, First Name Middle Initial...But looking at the Authors alphabetically it keys on the first name, not the last name....Any way to change it....or should I have put First Middle Last...?? (is there a proper format...??)
I suspect you're putting "lastname, firstname" into the author field without having changed any of the default calibre configuration? If that's the case, calibre will automatically an entry inside a column that's normally hidden from library view but is used to sort the author column on. That column ist called author_sort and would, if presented with an entry "lastname, firstname" inside the author column, automatically contain an entry "firstname, lastname," to be sorted on.

There is a tweak in the preferences called author_sort_copy_method that influences this behaviour. If you set it to "copy", the author_sort field will contain exactly what is in the author field. Another way to fix this would, of course, be just to put "firstname lastname" inside the author column, which would then lead to calibre sorting on lastname.

Edit to add: Oh, and as for your first question: I haven't seen the video, but if I doubleclick on an entry in a user defined boolean column, I get presented with a dropdown menu to edit the entry. Is that what you're looking for? I believe the clicking behaviour got changed in 0.7.27, so that's why the tutorial video might have to do it slightly different.

Last edited by Manichean; 11-07-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

THANKS...Im on it !!!

I keep getting syntx error when I attempt to change :

# copy : copy author to author_sort without modification

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 11-07-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
THANKS...Im on it !!!

No space or Hash-mark in the Column name (the hash-mark is used to refer to a custom column, but does not exist in the name you assign). You CAN have a space in the Column LABEL
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
What version of calibre are you using? There was an author name sorting issue with an earlier 0.7.x build (.19 I think? I'd have to double-check the changelog). If you're using that version, that would explain your sorting issue.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 04:24 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
THANKS...Im on it !!!

You need only substitute 'copy' instead of 'invert' in the line
Code:
author_sort_copy_method = 'invert'
The hashes, for tweaks, are comment signs. Remember to first copy the tweak from the upper to the lower window.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Code:
The hashes, for tweaks, are comment signs. Remember to first copy the tweak from the upper to the lower window.
I missed the part where he switched from custom column naming to using the Tweak (sheet )
Old 11-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Code:

Ahhhh...Thank-You...It works perfectly !!!!

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 11-08-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I missed the part where he switched from custom column naming to using the Tweak (sheet )
Manichean mentioned a tweak when I asked about formatting the name....Im on Calibre 7.27 and I guess the Yes/No column no longer supports a right click to a drop down box....
Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Manichean mentioned a tweak when I asked about formatting the name....Im on Calibre 7.27 and I guess the Yes/No column no longer supports a right click to a drop down box....
I assume you are talking about the library view? What does the tweak for formatting the (author's ?) name have to do with yes/no columns?

To my knowledge, right-click has never opened a drop-down box on the library view. A single left click will open the dropdown box, as shown in the attached screen shot. In the next release, a tweak is available to make double-click do the same thing, instead of opening a viewer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	60890  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I assume you are talking about the library view? What does the tweak for formatting the (author's ?) name have to do with yes/no columns?

To my knowledge, right-click has never opened a drop-down box on the library view. A single left click will open the dropdown box, as shown in the attached screen shot. In the next release, a tweak is available to make double-click do the same thing, instead of opening a viewer.
Nothing...I had asked two questions..One about yes/no, the other formatting Lastname, firstname, ect. ect.

I cannot seem to get the yes/no dropdown box to function for me...I know it must be operator error...I can only seem to access yes/no by going into custom metadata. Not like your attachment...In the custom field I put read, then Read in the second dropdown box then picked yes/no for the third...But somehow I am missing something....
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
Manichean
Wizard

You're sure that you defined the column to be a boolean column?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
You're sure that you defined the column to be a boolean column?
Ummm, no....Not sure where that was an option...Im at work but will check it out after midnight..(Eastern)
Old 11-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Nothing...I had asked two questions..One about yes/no, the other formatting Lastname, firstname, ect. ect.

I cannot seem to get the yes/no dropdown box to function for me...I know it must be operator error...I can only seem to access yes/no by going into custom metadata. Not like your attachment...In the custom field I put read, then Read in the second dropdown box then picked yes/no for the third...But somehow I am missing something....
You don't need to use the drop-down. Just type Y or N. AFTER you press F2, to Edit,
(a change made in 7.27 (at my request) to prevent accidental field value changes)
Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 AM   #15
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Ummm, no....Not sure where that was an option...Im at work but will check it out after midnight..(Eastern)
I just had a look at which types calibre offers. The boolean datatype is called yes/no column.