Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemc View Post
Sure!
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre should fit the bill.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #77
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iDevices, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre should fit the bill.
Uh, you do know that is a film, right?
jemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Uh, you do know that is a film, right?
Uh, you do know that is a comic book series, right?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #79
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I thought I had a fanfic to recommend to you, but it doesn't have enough violence to be splatterpunk. Sorry. But if you'll go for Horror/Fantasy/Erotica/Romance/Humour, I can get you something to read.
Quote:
Sure!
You have been warned... The Stars Are Right (a.k.a. the stars are so very, very wrong).

I am proud to have written the best Cthulhu/My Little Pony fic on the internet. Or maybe "proud" isn't the right word. Ashamed. Yeah, that sounds better. Might be less honest, but it's certainly better to say in public.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #80
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
As we move through the year, perhaps 21 is too high a goal. Maybe 15 would be better.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #81
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
21 was never really a goal, just a fairly randomly chosen high number; a ceiling chosen to keep the list from getting too large. I never thought we'd actually attain it, and that wasn't the purpose. The purpose was to make sure everyone had a say.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #82
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Uh, you do know that is a comic book series, right?
Sorry, I don't do pale imitations.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #83
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
As we move through the year, perhaps 21 is too high a goal. Maybe 15 would be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
21 was never really a goal, just a fairly randomly chosen high number; a ceiling chosen to keep the list from getting too large. I never thought we'd actually attain it, and that wasn't the purpose. The purpose was to make sure everyone had a say.
If I'm reading GA's post correctly, I think there's a want to move the process along a little more quickly. Capping it at 15 instead of 21 is more manageable (as we've done so far) meaning we can also get to the poll quicker instead of automatically waiting out the 7 days, since we've not reached 21 nominations at all.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #84
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
If I'm reading GA's post correctly, I think there's a want to move the process along a little more quickly. Capping it at 15 instead of 21 is more manageable (as we've done so far) meaning we can also get to the poll quicker instead of automatically waiting out the 7 days, since we've not reached 21 nominations at all.
I agree. I think we've hit the limit. I don't think there's a chance to get 6 more fully nominated genres . And the nominates have stalled out. So let's get to the voting.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #85
jemc
Quietly Lurking...

Quote:
You have been warned... The Stars Are Right (a.k.a. the stars are so very, very wrong).

I am proud to have written the best Cthulhu/My Little Pony fic on the internet. Or maybe "proud" isn't the right word. Ashamed. Yeah, that sounds better. Might be less honest, but it's certainly better to say in public.
Now that is interesting. That's what I like about this forum - always something new and different. I must say I enjoyed it. Thank you Elfwreck!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #86
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I found out the other day about Bronies. Oh dear!
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #87
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The August category poll has been posted.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205550

NOTE: The October nominations will run a slight bit different. The upper limit will be 30, but the process will only be open for 4 days.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #88
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
NOTE: The October nominations will run a slight bit different. The upper limit will be 30, but the process will only be open for 4 days.
Do you mean the September nominations?

Or are we just going with "pervert books" for September, and skipping the nomination process?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #89
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Quote:
Do you mean the September nominations?
...or September; whichever comes first.

Quote:
Or are we just going with "pervert books" for September, and skipping the nomination process?
I'll have to OK it with Jon first.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-11-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #90
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I'll have to OK it with Jon first.
Well, it's not a combo category, so we should be OK.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote