Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Weight Watchers?

Anyone on Weight Watchers? Thoughts? Opinions?

I just started it. It's the first major diet I've ever been on, so it's a bit weird.. but I've gained weight this last year (stress+insomnia+little activity not at a desk+eating TERRIBLY) and I know a few people who have had a lot of success with the plan.

Personally, I also respond to pretty clear instructions. It helps if I don't have to think about what to do each time I eat, etc. I don't want to spend all my time counting up calories, etc. So I'm working out most my menus in advance (having like 4 meal plans for lunch and breakfast I can choose from each day) and then just reporting what I'm eating. Today was my first 'real day' on it. Went well... I'm stuffed and still have 1/4th of my points left!

I'm also going to use the new EA Sports Active on the Wii with some Yoga from Wii Fit.

I'm doing the online bit... no meetings or buying their food.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Their points system is the only weight loss program that worked for me.

Basically, you can eat anything you want.......but everything you put into your mouth has a certain number of "points", and you are limited to a certain number of points per day, depending on your sex, weight and height.

Veggies and water, tea and coffee are "free" Fresh fruits are usually one point each, except bananas which I believe were two.

Once you've memorized ( and its faster than you think) how many points your favorite foods have, its easy to follow.

I liked the frozen meals.......not the WW brand, they were too expensive, but I did like the Lean Cuisine, and some of the others. Points for the meals were listed on the box.....you knew exactly what you were getting, could add a salad and your meal was done.

I also found it easier when buying chips, snacks etc, to bring them home and "pre-package" them in baggies. That way, when I had to have something, there was no cheating or wondering how many points that handful held.

I have a wonderful recipe for bean soup that gives 2 points per cup........if you want it, pm me. Its extremely filling, and can be cooked in a crock pot.

I'm no longer on the plan, (and it shows), but while I did follow it it worked great! Good luck to you, and kudos for getting this far. the first week was the hardest.....after that its almost fun!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
galmateb
galmateb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 700
I've done online and meetings. I did really well online, then started going to meetings to get remotivated. It is an excellent program. It isn't a "diet" but a lifestyle change. Good luck!!
galmateb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I went to the WW a lot of years ago. It did do the trick for me, especially, as galmateb said, it's not really a diet. You can still eat everything you like, but if you eat something "unhealthy", you have to pay for it by not eating something else.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Yeah, I rather like that about it. I tend to resent things like diets not because I don't get to eat what I want but rather that I have to think about it all the time. I setup some menus and then I just think about it a little once a week and then have some free points for when I want to do something unexpected.

I'm very optimistic.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'm subscribed, but due to lots of distractions, haven't started. It has worked in the past, but you have to stick to it. (Obviously)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote