Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
bayou
bayou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My new Kindle won't arrive until 3/09?

I ordered my first Kindle on November 20th. The first expected delivery date was December 17th. I checked my Amazon account again today on the advice of a friend who just ordered a Kindle and my new delivery date is now March 19, 2009.

Although Amazon doesn't charge your cc until the order is shipped, I canceled my order and will see what transpires around March of next year.

I've never heard of a 4-month backlog!
bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Must be shortage of parts, screens maybe?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou View Post
I ordered my first Kindle on November 20th. The first expected delivery date was December 17th. I checked my Amazon account again today on the advice of a friend who just ordered a Kindle and my new delivery date is now March 19, 2009.

Although Amazon doesn't charge your cc until the order is shipped, I canceled my order and will see what transpires around March of next year.

I've never heard of a 4-month backlog!
Well, all that Oprah nonsense really made it the "must have" gift for Christmas, so they were not expecting the number of orders they have been receiving.

I'm due to get my third Kindle in about a week, but then that one is going to be a factory refurbished model, and those (when they are available) are shipped right out.

I'm curious to see how "refurbished" refurbished Kindle's are. I am expecting something of like-new quality. Hope it is that .... in any event, they have the same return policy and warranty as new.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, all that Oprah nonsense really made it the "must have" gift for Christmas, so they were not expecting the number of orders they have been receiving.

I'm due to get my third Kindle in about a week, but then that one is going to be a factory refurbished model, and those (when they are available) are shipped right out.

I'm curious to see how "refurbished" refurbished Kindle's are. I am expecting something of like-new quality. Hope it is that .... in any event, they have the same return policy and warranty as new.
I can't tell the difference between the refurbished one in its packaging I have and the pictures I have of my original.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
bayou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post

What a great idea. Where do I find a factory refurbished Kindle?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You can find it on the same page on Amazon (when they are available). Look for the refurbished menu tab. Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...A/ref=dp_olp_1
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
There appears to be at least one in stock right now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I read somewhere that a customer noticed their Kindle arrival date suddenly pushed out from before Christmas to February.

He/she called Amazon and the rep said it was a mistake and got them a revised ship date towards the end of December. Did you call before canceling your order?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
bayou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I read somewhere that a customer noticed their Kindle arrival date suddenly pushed out from before Christmas to February.

He/she called Amazon and the rep said it was a mistake and got them a revised ship date towards the end of December. Did you call before canceling your order?
Dang. No, I didn't call first, I really should have. Oh well, I'll reorder and put myself back on the 4 month waiting list and see what happens. I'll also keep checking for refurbished units.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
bayou

Quote:
Dang. No, I didn't call first, I really should have. Oh well, I'll reorder and put myself back on the 4 month waiting list and see what happens. I'll also keep checking for refurbished units.
I just reordered and the new delivery date has been pushed up to February. Patience is not a core competency of mine, especially when it comes to my gadgets. I don't know why it's taken me this long to get one!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I just reordered and the new delivery date has been pushed up to February. Patience is not a core competency of mine, especially when it comes to my gadgets. I don't know why it's taken me this long to get one!
One good thing about Amazon is that they under promise and over deliver. I very much doubt it will take them 3 months to fill all these orders. They should be able to ramp up production quickly... as they did before when they had such a backlog.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote