Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-28-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
nixkalo
nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: hanlin V3, K4NT, PW3
Blank lines at then end of each post

I've posted just 2 or 3 times in MobilrTread, and each time I noticed taht my post appeared with many empty lines at the end.
The plank lines don't appear when I preview my post; only after submitting it.

(Maybe by the anti-demo effect it won't happen in this post)

Did any one experience the same and knows how to fix it?
I didn't see any "sandbox" forum where I can experiment until I fix it.

In case it mades a difference: I'm posting from inside firefox. I have Noscript installed but mobileread.com is whitelisted
Nixkalo
nixkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixkalo View Post

I've posted just 2 or 3 times in MobilrTread, and each time I noticed taht my post appeared with many empty lines at the end.
The plank lines don't appear when I preview my post; only after submitting it.

(Maybe by the anti-demo effect it won't happen in this post)

Did any one experience the same and knows how to fix it?
I didn't see any "sandbox" forum where I can experiment until I fix it.

In case it mades a difference: I'm posting from inside firefox. I have Noscript installed but mobileread.com is whitelisted
Nixkalo
Hmmm...I don't see any extra lines at the end of your post--I'm also using Firefox--I don't have Noscript installed, though.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Some posts have extra space at the bottom because of the minimum size of a post (that is, the page element that contains it).
It has to match the size of the profile box to the left.
<==

And that space is not part of the post content. Try editing your post -- you won't see space at the end of the text edit box, in fact the forum software will actually trim extra space from the end.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-29-2016 at 03:17 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And removing my signature makes that more noticeable.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #5
nixkalo
nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Strange, shalym says that (s)he doesn't see any extra lines in my post. But I still do (see attached image).
So at least I know it¡s on the reading part and only affects me. Which is good, because my worry was that my posts could be interpreted as "he tries to gain extra attention by taking extra space with blank lines".

Nix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blanklines_small.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	145922  
Old 01-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Oh, I now see what you are talking about. All posts are the same size. Short posts have more space below them in the box than a long posts.

You should see the posts over in the lounge.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:04 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It appears that all posts here are about 3 inches. Whether you type 1 line or 20.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixkalo View Post
Strange, shalym says that (s)he doesn't see any extra lines in my post. But I still do (see attached image).
So at least I know it¡s on the reading part and only affects me. Which is good, because my worry was that my posts could be interpreted as "he tries to gain extra attention by taking extra space with blank lines".

Nix
That attachment is pretty small, so it is hard to make out... but I think I see what you mean.

All I can say is that I don't either see any blank space at the end of your first post in this thread.
(That post is large enough to fill the entire minimum size of a post element.)

If you want to investigate this further, you should definitely look into what your browser configuration is doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nixkalo-post.png
Views:	274
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	145953  

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-30-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That attachment is pretty small, so it is hard to make out... but I think I see what you mean.

All I can say is that I don't either see any blank space at the end of your first post in this thread.
(That post is large enough to fill the entire minimum size of a post element.)

If you want to investigate this further, you should definitely look into what your browser configuration is doing.
I just looked at his other posts. They are all half the length of the minimum.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
nixkalo

Thanks to everyone for the efforts. AS long as I know that is not "harming" the rest of the users and happens only in my browser, I can live with the extra spaces.

Nix