Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Ravenlocke
Ravenlocke is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
Smile Greetings!

Hello everybody... I just took the plunge and ordered a kindle 2 after much research and soul searching! Actually, the final deciding factor for me in the end had nothing to do with reading. Having free web access from pretty much anywhere is a pretty big deal for me. I should be recieving my Kindle on tuesday and can't wait! Its like being a little kid again waiting for Christmas. I just turned 40 and work in retail managment. I am a single father with custody of a amazing nine year old daughter whose imagination knows no bounds. I live on a primal lake on the edge of an emerald ocean on pristine white sands in Seagrove Beach Florida. I have been lurking in these forums for about a month as I figured out which reader to purchase. I look forward to further interactions!
Ravenlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
geoffthomas
geoffthomas
geoffthomas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Welcome Ravenlocke
I just joined this forum today also.
Congratulations on your selection of the K2. I love mine.
geoffthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, both of you, to MobileRead.

You'll find lots of info and fun stuff here. Be sure and download some, if not all of the wonderful books we have here for free.......check under the "e-book" tab, and you'll want the mobipocket format.

You can also download the mobiguide to your Kindles, and download from there.........enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ravenlocke and welcome to MobileRead. Enjoy your Kindle, they are great devices.

But, a word of warning, both eBook readers and this forum are addicting!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Ravenlocke

You do realize you may now have to buy your daughter one also?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert