Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Kindle PW2 now £89 for a short time with coupon code

After I already had my PW2, Amazon sent me an email saying that it's now on sale for £89 with the code they send with the email.

So if you make Amazon purchases, watch your inbox for this email if you're thinking of buying one. It takes £20 off the normal price.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Ask yourself if it's worth your time for the money you save by returning it and rebuying with the coupon?

Probably not, but I thought I'd mention it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'd be interested but I have no idea what the code is or how to get it.

Last edited by Josieb1; 02-26-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if the code is the same for everyone but the code sent to me was

9ENA-DUH6ZC-HM4SGJ

I hope this works.

I'm not going to send my PW back, just thinking that others may be interested in the offer.

This offer ends 3rd March.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I don't know if the code is the same for everyone but the code sent to me was

9ENA-DUH6ZC-HM4SGJ

I hope this works.

I'm not going to send my PW back, just thinking that others may be interested in the offer.

This offer ends 3rd March.
Thanks for posting the code, needless to say it doesn't work for me so I guess I'll stick with my PW1. I did try a PW2 last year, well two of them actually, but they were both faulty so I gave up. I'd be tempted to try again but not at the full price.
Advert
Old 02-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J

I'm sorry, I hoped this code would work for other shoppers. I've noticed that Amazon have a habit of sending "offers" after I've bought the item. I've had another email from them wanting me to fill a survey detailing my experience with the PW2. After my recent hassle with online surveys, I might give it a miss.

Which part of MR would you suggest I post an initial review of the ereader? It might be helpful for other, non-techie members.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Which part of MR would you suggest I post an initial review of the ereader? It might be helpful for other, non-techie members.
I don't have any idea, sorry I don't know much about the workings of this forum. If you can locate a moderator best to ask then.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Here in the Kindle forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Call CS see if they will honor the coupon & maybe give you a gift card [add to you account in other words] Worse they can say is No!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
After I already had my PW2, Amazon sent me an email saying that it's now on sale for £89 with the code they send with the email.

So if you make Amazon purchases, watch your inbox for this email if you're thinking of buying one. It takes £20 off the normal price.
Sigh. I ordered one just today. I've check my mail and no such coupon.

But £109 is still a good price.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Call CS see if they will honor the coupon & maybe give you a gift card [add to you account in other words] Worse they can say is No!
I actually did contact CS and while initially they weren't interested they did send me an email overnight offering me £20 off, but after much thinking about it I decided not to order one.

I have a PW1 which is covered under a three year Warrenty until Oct 2015 and I love using my own font, I don't find any of the fonts offered on the PW2 anywhere near as good, so I have decided to hold fire and see what they come up with this year. While my Warrenty is still in place I really think the PW1 offers me the best reading experience.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have a PW1 which is covered under a three year Warrenty until Oct 2015 and I love using my own font, I don't find any of the fonts offered on the PW2 anywhere near as good, so I have decided to hold fire and see what they come up with this year. .
I've found this with the PW2. At least the 505 displays as close to the original document font as possible. I was thinking of asking, on another thread, if there's some way of increasing the number of fonts on the PW2 as you can with the PW1. Or if Amazon sell more fonts?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I was thinking of asking, on another thread, if there's some way of increasing the number of fonts on the PW2 as you can with the PW1.
Only by embedding a font in the book. The PW1 "font hack" doesn't work on the PW2.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #14
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Only by embedding a font in the book. The PW1 "font hack" doesn't work on the PW2.
So if I embed the font in my mobi (which is DRM free) I will get that font on a PW2?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #15
BookCat
C L J

Josieb, I've begun a new thread on the topic of fonts. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235003