Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
mlevin77
Enthusiast
mlevin77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
this file converts with no error but the resulting file is "invalid"

I am trying to convert a .epub file into .rtf using Calibre 1.17 on my Apple 10.6 system. Most such conversions work fine for me, but for some reason this book results in an .rtf file that all editors are calling "invalid" - won't open it. No error from Calibre. What's going on? Attached is (a Zipped copy of) the .rtf file that was created by Calibre.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-11-2014 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Removed copyright attachment.
mlevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Removed attached copyrighted book
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I am trying to convert a .epub file into .rtf using Calibre 1.17 on my Apple 10.6 system. Most such conversions work fine for me, but for some reason this book results in an .rtf file that all editors are calling "invalid" - won't open it. No error from Calibre. What's going on? Attached is (a Zipped copy of) the .rtf file that was created by Calibre.
I opened the file in Wordpad and then saved it as rtf and it then opened in Word fine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
mlevin77
Enthusiast
mlevin77 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I opened the file in Wordpad and then saved it as rtf and it then opened in Word fine.
cool! I was using it on a Mac and it wasn't opening. Indeed on a PC Wordpad opened it fine. Any idea what's up or why Calibre made it into a .rtf that Word couldn't open?
mlevin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
cool! I was using it on a Mac and it wasn't opening. Indeed on a PC Wordpad opened it fine. Any idea what's up or why Calibre made it into a .rtf that Word couldn't open?
Sorry, no idea.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote