Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Download complete - Kobo Glo now frozen [SOLVED]

Any suggestions on this?

I previously had 2.3.1 and turned on sync and it synced a number of things. The last thing to download was this: "Downloading software."

It now shows 100% but I'm suck on the Home screen.

ADDED: I have no SD card loaded.

Thanks.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-24-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I performed a basic reset. We'll see how it goes.

The update did not take. I'm still at version 2.3.1

Any suggestions on what to do next about how to acquire the current update?

Also, should I then delete any 'garbage' left over from the failed update?

Should I re-synch?

ADDED: I was assuming that the newest firmware was being loaded, but perhaps that assumption is wrong.

Suggestions?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-24-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Resync sees to do the trick for most people. For some reason a fair # of people are having freeze 1st time and goes fine the 2nd.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Resync sees to do the trick for most people. For some reason a fair # of people are having freeze 1st time and goes fine the 2nd.

Thank you.

That's exactly what I did, and as I type it's 'Updating.'

Don
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

It worked. New firmware 2.4.0 now installed.

Thank you, again.

Don
Advert