Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
AJM_Writer
Professional Mediator
AJM_Writer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, Kobo
Book I bought not shoing up on Android

Hi all:

I purchased a book on Kobo. Actually, I started on Borders.com and ended up at Kobo where I bought the book. The book I bought is now showing up in my Kobo Library on my desktop when I log in.

I then downloaded the Android Kobo app to my phone and logged in to Kobo. I am seeing 6 out of my 7 books, but the one I just purchased is not showing.

My Kobo library contains some books that I originally bought on Borders.com and then ported to Kobo when I signed up. That all went smoothly.

The only difference that I can see with this missing book is that on my desktop it shows ADOBE DRM PDF. For 4 of the 6 that I can see in my Android, the desktop shows ADOBE DRM EPUB, and two of the books also visible on the Android show nothing on the desktop.

I would appreciate any help. As a final note, I did sign up for Zendesk help and filed a query - two days later I am still waiting for them to assign my question.

Thanks

Anthony
AJM_Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
For the book missing on your Android phone you could go into Purchase History in your Desktop Application, select the book that should be sent to your Android phone, bookmark it and then do a Sync in your Desktop Application. This might force through an update to your smartphone.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
If the Android app is like the iOS app, PDFs are on a different shelf - docs (or documents) instead of Books. You would think that it would be a kepub, not PDF, but it's worth looking.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hey AJM, which book are you having trouble with? You can PM me the title if you like or post it on here.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
For the book missing on your Android phone you could go into Purchase History in your Desktop Application, select the book that should be sent to your Android phone, bookmark it and then do a Sync in your Desktop Application. This might force through an update to your smartphone.
You should be able to get the same thing done by killing the app and then re-starting it, that always seems to trigger a sync on my Droid. Fair warning though, my library has no PDFs.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
AJM_Writer
Professional Mediator
AJM_Writer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, Kobo
Thanks for all your advice. Unfortunately I am still no further, but I have private-messaged Sameer and hope he can assist.

Hi Sameer, thanks for responding to my post on the forum about not being able to see a Kobo purchased book on by Droid using the Kobo app.

My Kobo email is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The book in question is"

"Making Mediation your Day Job' by Tammy Lenski.

Interestingly, this book does not show up in the search on my Android either when I search for Lenski, although it does show up in the search on the the Kobo web page.

I would appreciate any assistance.

PS: Help request sent to Zendesk? Still unassigned after 5 days!

Thanks

Anthony
AJM_Writer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, kobo, missing book