Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Calibre 7.52 portable

Since upgrading to Calibre 7.52 I'm receiving this error in my portable library

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.7.52
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:database or disk is full
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: database or disk is full

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 363, in qs_requested
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 343, in switch_requested
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 433, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 203, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 282, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 304, in run
DatabaseException: database or disk is full
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: database or disk is full

I have over 2gigs free on my usb memory, so I know I'm not out of memory.

beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
Since upgrading to Calibre 7.52 I'm receiving this error in my portable library<b>DatabaseException</b>:database or disk is full

I have over 2gigs free on my usb memory, so I know I'm not out of memory.

Many USB devices are formatted FAT16 and have a low limit on the number of files/folders permitted in the root. Does the root of the USB have very many files in it?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I had 3 folders and 25 items. I've reduced it to just the 3 folders.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Some USB thumb drives have little slider switches to write protect the drive. Did you perhaps activate such a switch by accident?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I had 3 folders and 25 items.
That should not be a problem. There were many fake USB flash drives sold on ebay that have less capacity than claimed. Try storing data on it with another program. Also, it could be a hardware problem. Try another USB port.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Since it won't take much time I would back up the books and reformat as FAT32 then restore the files and see if it makes a difference.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote