Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #46
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvek View Post
Here's a version of kterm 0.2 with this feature added. Only the source is linked because I couldn't get it to cross compile to Kindle, but I don't think it will be incompatible. My changes are marked with "FVEK". There's three areas of additions and one deletion. If your command has options, make sure it's in quotes like: kterm -e "command -o"
Thanks a lot! I will merge your patch and prepare a new package.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #47
Fvek
Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Touch
Is there a way to pass mouse button events to vte so curses can use them? There would be a bit of a UI conflict with the menu, but that should be tolerable.

Also, you didn't set the colors for bold, dim, cursor, and highlight in set_terminal_colors() so they show up as white on white.

Last edited by Fvek; 01-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Fvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #48
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there a way to pass mouse button events to vte so curses can use them? There would be a bit of a UI conflict with the menu, but that should be tolerable.
I would like to implement xterm mouse reporting. I didn't have time to check how to do it in vte.

Quote:
Also, you didn't set the colors for bold, dim, cursor, and highlight in set_terminal_colors() so they show up as white on white.
Yes, I noticed that there is some problem with that. I will try to fix it, unless you have a patch

Regarding your last contribution I had to modify it a bit, because I compile for quite old vte (0.24.3). Newer one won't build with ancient versions of libraries on kindle.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #49
baf
Evangelist

kterm 0.3

I updated kterm package on my webpage.
It adds features discussed in this thread:
  • "-e" option for running commands in terminal (thanks to Fvek)
  • kterm.conf – simple config for initial settings (in kterm/bin)
I think I also got rid of the bug pinned down by aditya3098, which left return key in key-down mode while quitting terminal with "exit" from command line.

Last edited by baf; 01-23-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #50
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I updated kterm package on my webpage.
It adds features discussed in this thread:
  • "-e" option for running commands in terminal (thanks to Fvek)
  • kterm.conf – simple config for initial settings (in kterm/bin)
I think I also got rid of the bug pinned down by aditya3098, which left return key in key-down mode while quitting terminal with "exit" from command line.
I see that you are providing a gpg signature for the archive -
Thanks a lot for your support by doing that.

PM me your public key - I'll stick it in the mr-keys directory.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #51
Fvek
Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Fvek can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Quote:
Yes, I noticed that there is some problem with that. I will try to fix it, unless you have a patch

Regarding your last contribution I had to modify it a bit, because I compile for quite old vte (0.24.3). Newer one won't build with ancient versions of libraries on kindle.
Here's a patch for the colors. I didn't have anything at hand that uses dim and highlight so those might need changing, but they should at least be viewable now.

On the Kindle, the new version runs commands using the -e option, but if you run it plain it won't open a shell, just a blank screen with a cursor. It works correctly when compiled and run on Ubuntu, although it hangs for a few seconds compared to with -e, so I don't know what's wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kterm-set_terminal_colors-0.3-fvek.zip (736 Bytes, 368 views)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #52
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Here's a patch for the colors. I didn't have anything at hand that uses dim and highlight so those might need changing, but they should at least be viewable now.

On the Kindle, the new version runs commands using the -e option, but if you run it plain it won't open a shell, just a blank screen with a cursor. It works correctly when compiled and run on Ubuntu, although it hangs for a few seconds compared to with -e, so I don't know what's wrong.
Thanks for patch! This was quick.

Regarding your problem, on my kindle it runs fine. Sent you a PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

try strace -Ff ... on your Ubuntu build.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #54
Fvek

I found the problem. I had changed kterm menu.json to run a shell script calling the binary instead just binary because I wanted to add some things to the PATH env var. I put it back to the default way and it works. Although, my way was working with 0.2, so don't know why it stopped.

Maybe we could add/set the PATH via the config file?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #55
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I found the problem. I had changed kterm menu.json to run a shell script calling the binary instead just binary because I wanted to add some things to the PATH env var. I put it back to the default way and it works. Although, my way was working with 0.2, so don't know why it stopped.

Post your shell script that did not work please.
Also post the listing of the ownership and permissions.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #56
Fvek

Script:
Quote:
#!/bin/sh

EXTENSION=/mnt/us/extensions/kterm
export PATH=$PATH:/mnt/us/bin

${EXTENSION}/bin/kterm -name kterm &
ls -l:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 115 Jan 23 13:55 kterm.sh

UPDATE: it's the "-name kterm" bit that caused it. That was left over from when I originally cp'ed this script from xterm. removed it and it runs as expected.

That bit with EXTENSION is pointless too. Maybe I should pay more attention to what I'm copying

Last edited by Fvek; 01-23-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #57
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:

I could guess...

Sounds like someone (me) screwed the pooch somehow... on parsing the params...

Could that be it? Launcher at fault?

EDIT: *reads up* ah no.... Not my bad. YAY!!!

Last edited by twobob; 01-23-2013 at 05:03 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #58
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Script:

ls -l:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 115 Jan 23 13:55 kterm.sh

UPDATE: it's the "-name kterm" bit that caused it. That was left over from when I originally cp'ed this script from xterm. removed it and it runs as expected.

That bit with EXTENSION is pointless too. Maybe I should pay more attention to what I'm copying
And maybe you should just execute it rather than run it as a child.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #59
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
You shouldn't need to child process it.

I already do that when it is "launched". (It fires in a tiny wrapper with a & on the end to prevent the kindlet from "hanging")
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #60
Fvek

One more patch, this one adds command line options for all the config options.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kterm-more_options-0.3-fvek.zip (1.8 KB, 370 views)

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, terminal emulator