Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Play Music App - UK/Cloud Music

When my Vox got Play access in a recent update it got the Play Music App, I was surprised by this as the store says its incompatible with all my devices (assuming this is because I am not in the US)

I was clearing out some music from it today and it is giving me warnings that my music in it has been uploaded to google play and only the local copy will be removed.

is this just a generic message or has it really uploaded my music from the device?
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Read the description on the play website. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.music&hl=en I think the purchase music part is US only, but the storing your music in the cloud is international.

Quote:
Shop music on Google Play and listen instantly using the Google Play Music app.
The Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing or storage space.
* Music purchases from Google Play automatically appear in the app.
* Add up to 20,000 more songs from your personal music collection on your computer for free.
* Access your entire music library instantly with the Google Play Music app, and save your favorites for offline playback.
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.
* Learn more about Google Play at http://play.google.com/about/
* Available in the U.S. only.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
oh, that's interesting, can't see any options to store music in cloud though.
No, not something you can do yet, well apart from uploading to your google drive yourself etc.
Will be nice when Google music is rolled out to the UK. 20.000 tracks was it? - that should be enough, just have to sort through all my music and whittle out 20thous. Favorited

Last edited by transmitthis; 07-28-2012 at 02:21 PM.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote