Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
MickGJ
MickGJ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reaer
Ooh that looks good. Might buy one "for my wife" as well. It would only be the seventh or eighth Roberts radio in the house.

To go back to the original question, I've never understood why no one made a portable MP3 player that had no storage of its own but would accept any flash drive. Lexar showed it was possible a while ago but i think their device only worked with their own "jumpdrives".

You can get these things that plugin to the lighter socket in a car that do more or less the same thing for no money at all and they come with an FM transmitter.

So why not the same technology but with a battery compartment and a headphone jack?
MickGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
Marmeladov
Marmeladov began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E-60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Here's another one from JVC,
http://www.frys.com/product/6175109?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Look for either high end boomboxes or micro-shelf systems in home audio.
I'm looking for something similar. As this link is dead, do you remember the reference of the JVC ?

I already found some devices (the Squeezebox Touch is too expensive for me) :

Scott DXi 80 WL (Hi-Fi system size, 117€ at Redcoon. Also in silver.)
Scott DXi 50 WL (very small - known in France as "Orange Décodeur Hi-Fi", 49€ at Orange)

Orange sells other USB-compatible devices: "Liveradio Vintage", 79€, and "Liveradio Cube", 44€.

A good solution is the Chumby : (and cheaper / larger clones like the Insignia Infocast 3.5" or 8")

There is also some cheap alarm clock / photo frame solutions like the Hannspree 4.3 inch LCD Photo Alarm Clock and FM Receiver

Direct from China, there is a lot of very cheap chinese solutions, also with stereo speakers.
Marmeladov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looks like the JVC Kaboom series.... http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelI...thId=36&page=1
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #19
Marmeladov
Marmeladov began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E-60
Thank you

The key point when you don't have an iPod, is to have a device with a large screen, to allow easy navigation. That excludes this JVC...
Marmeladov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmeladov View Post
Thank you

The key point when you don't have an iPod, is to have a device with a large screen, to allow easy navigation. That excludes this JVC...
lol
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
toffe1920
toffe1920 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mp3

I have an 8gb usb that ive put music on
All i want is a small mp3 that accepts the Usb
Then i can listen to all the music off the usb on the mp3.
Help please.
toffe1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffe1920 View Post
I have an 8gb usb that ive put music on
All i want is a small mp3 that accepts the Usb
Then i can listen to all the music off the usb on the mp3.
Help please.
Why not put your music on a mSD card and play it from a very small MP3 player like the Sansa Clip+ or Sansa Clip Zip?

The Zip is the newer model and both are very inexpensive. The Clip+ is a bit cheaper because it's an older model; but both play music very well. I have both models and primarily use them for audiobooks. There are quite a few members on this board who also own them. They're highly rated in reviews.

Here's a link to Amazon and the current prices for these two models.

And welcome to the board

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-27-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added Amazon link
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote