Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
jmpoer
jmpoer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and ipad
Question Getting the Covers right with Calilbre

I am new to this forum, to Calibre, and to ebooks in general. I am not new to computers, files, networks, etc.

I have been using Calibre to successfully convert and manage ebooks for both a Kindle and an iPad. (MOBI and Epub)

BUT.......

I don't seem to be able to consistently get the COVERS of the books to display in either format.

I see the covers in Calibre, and can select, change, etc.

SOMETIMES the covers I see in Calibre display in the libraries on the devices.....sometimes they don't.

SOMETIMES the covers are actually IN the books when they are opened but still don't display in the libraries.

I don't seem to be able to find a process path to always have the covers show on the books when they are in the libraries of the devices.

If this subject has been done and done to death, I beg your patience to have someone explain it once more.

Thank you.

jp
jmpoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpoer View Post
I am new to this forum, to Calibre, and to ebooks in general. I am not new to computers, files, networks, etc.

I have been using Calibre to successfully convert and manage ebooks for both a Kindle and an iPad. (MOBI and Epub)

BUT.......

I don't seem to be able to consistently get the COVERS of the books to display in either format.

I see the covers in Calibre, and can select, change, etc.

SOMETIMES the covers I see in Calibre display in the libraries on the devices.....sometimes they don't.

SOMETIMES the covers are actually IN the books when they are opened but still don't display in the libraries.

I don't seem to be able to find a process path to always have the covers show on the books when they are in the libraries of the devices.

If this subject has been done and done to death, I beg your patience to have someone explain it once more.

Thank you.

jp
Covers IN Calibre don't necessarily appear (the same) in the books until you do something to make it happen. Conversion, Adding a Jacket, Using the Modify EPUB plug-in. Send to device may update existing jackets. Some devices require the coverpage to be marked as 'cover' to be detected.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
jmpoer
jmpoer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle and ipad
Since I am using only TWO formats, and TWO devices (one format for each) can you suggest where I might find the "rules" for Kindle-Mobi and iPad-Epub?

Thank you for the quick reply.

jp
jmpoer is offline   Reply With Quote