Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #16
ePossum
Enthusiast
ePossum began at the beginning.

Device: iliad v.2, Dana Alphasmart
Melbourne, Australia - iLiad v.2

Don't have a car so can only meet somewhere that I can easily cycle/public transport to - area that works for me is roughly CBD-Carlton-Northcote.

Yes, this is a great idea!
ePossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #17
alaouet
alaouet doesn't litteralaouet doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Tenerife (Canary Islands) Sony PRS-505

Hi,

if you pass by Tenerife - Canary Islands, and want to see a PRS-505, I'll be very glad to meet you
alaouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #18
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePossum View Post
Don't have a car so can only meet somewhere that I can easily cycle/public transport to - area that works for me is roughly CBD-Carlton-Northcote.

Yes, this is a great idea!
Maybe if there's enough Melbournites who want to meet, we could have a Melbourne version of the French MR meetup.

I've got a Sony 505, but I've been thinking about the iliad, because of all the pdf's I've got.

The CBD would suit me too - anytime.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Cybook Gen 3 in France, Lyon / St Etienne (also posted on the french thread).

Also for a few days in French Polynesia in September

Last edited by Gaurnim; 07-21-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #20
GUIZMOW
Enthusiast
GUIZMOW doesn't litterGUIZMOW doesn't litterGUIZMOW doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
Cybook Gen3 - Paris

evening or week end, anywhere in Paris
GUIZMOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
Maybe if there's enough Melbournites who want to meet, we could have a Melbourne version of the French MR meetup.
why don't you start a thread about that in the lounge and see how many Melbournites there are ? a Melbourne meet is a great idea, i think !

i'm thrilled to see how many people are signing up to give demos ! brilliant ! thanks everybody !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #22
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Cybook Gen3 - Almere, The Netherlands

Evenings and weekends.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Kindle

I live about 45 miles northwest of Phoenix, Arizona.....But I don't think anyone else does.....

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaouet View Post
Hi,

if you pass by Tenerife - Canary Islands, and want to see a PRS-505, I'll be very glad to meet you
Oh, if only!!! Enjoy living there in paradise, you lucky reader!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #25
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Middle of No Where, Wisconsin

If anyone would like tosee a Kindle in action, I am in La Crosse and can be easily bribed by a Mr D's and Java Detour!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #26
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Hampshire (UK) and sometimes Edinburgh: ILiad v1; PRS-500; (possibly Kindle)

I'll be in Edinburgh during part of the Book Festival...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #27
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Hampshire (UK) and sometimes Edinburgh: ILiad v1; PRS-500; (possibly Kindle) I'll be in Edinburgh during part of the Book Festival...
Where in Hampshire?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #28
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Where in Hampshire?
Near(ish) Salisbury; work near Southampton.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #29
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Opposite Side of Wisconsin

I'm in Appleton, Wisconsin and would be willing to show the iLiad to anyone 'round these parts with an interest. I do also get to Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago with some degree of regularity.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #30
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Cybook Gen3 - Tim Horton's in Canada

You can't miss it.

Kitchener/Waterloo ONT
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show