Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur
Paul in Saudi is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
The Blessing of Poultry?

The Blessing of Poultry by Karen Peebles. She has all the other blessings too. At only $0.99 each!

Here is the Blessing for Poultry, for those who have not yet memorized it:
O God, Creator of all things, besides the other kinds of creatures Thou hast deigned to produce the species of birds for the use of mankind. With these birds, Noe, as he was leaving the ark, offered Thee an acceptable sacrifice; and when Thy people were being led out of Egypt by Moses Thy servant, Thou gavest a precept that they should eat of these birds, separating the clean from the unclean. We humbly beseech Thee, graciously bless and sanctify the flesh of these clean birds, that all who eat of them may be filled with Thy abundant blessing and may merit to attain the well watered gardens of eternal life. Through Christ our lord Amen.

Linky.

That's it. Amazon wants me to buy the fool thing for a buck? I bought you $400 Kindle reader. Why the heck are you letting this woman try too rip me off for another dollar?

I means I would pay a buck for Blessing for Salt and Feed for Animals, who wouldn't? But for the Blessing of Poultry? Come one.

Seriously, does Amazon just want to rip me off? This is not a book. The Declaration of Philadelphia is not a book.

Amazon needs to get content or give up on the whole electronic reader concept.
Paul in Saudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in Saudi View Post
I means I would pay a buck for Blessing for Salt and Feed for Animals, who wouldn't? But for the Blessing of Poultry? Come one.
oh, definitely. the Blessing for Salt ? do you even need to ask ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It wouldn't be Amazon ripping you off, it would be the "author". The author sets the price.

Amazon is opening the door for a lot of people who consider themselves writers. Most should probably give it up but there may be some great as yet undiscovered writers come out of this. I think it's a good thing. No one has to buy what it offered especially with access to the free samples of most books.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

Still nothing by P. J. O'Rouke. Lots of authors, lots of books. They need to fix this.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Still nothing by P. J. O'Rouke. Lots of authors, lots of books. They need to fix this.

Its not up to them......its up to the publishers/authors. Books are being added daily. Do you really think they are willingly giving up all the money these missing authors would bring in?

When I first got my Kindle 6 weeks ago...there were only 3 books by Stephen King. Now just about all his books are there. ditto with Janet Evanovich. And Robert Heinlein now has 6.....a long ways to go, but my point is,.....the books are coming.

And good for you for not falling for the $1 blessing. Some would actually have bought it......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
iamnohs
iamnohs is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
A fool and his money are soon de-poultry.
iamnohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think they're fixin' as fast as they can. When I joined this forum near the end of April the title count was around 119,030, today it's 139,563.

Have you been able to find P. J. O'Rouke titles in ebook form anywhere else? If so, are they in a format that can be used or converted for use on the Kindle? If not, someone other than Amazon may be holding things up.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

Are you saying that if I find an out-of-copyright book with a good title (The Battle for Baghdad, say) I could type it up and sell it as a Kindle Book?

What a racket! I want in.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Are you saying that if I find an out-of-copyright book with a good title (The Battle for Baghdad, say) I could type it up and sell it as a Kindle Book?

What a racket! I want in.
Who is saying that?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, there is THIS page by P. J. O'Rourke......is it the same one?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?...Rourke&x=0&y=0
Old 07-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

Cool, I love me some PJ. Many thanks.

What I am saying is this person, this Karen Peebles did not write the Blessing for Poultry, but it is being sold under her name by Amazon. So why couldn't just type in the Kubla Khan and sell it as an e-book.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
technically, you can. publishers sell public domain books all the time. who do you think keeps the money every time someone buys a new paperback of Pride and Prejudice ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Well, if you believe that someone is taking credit for a work that is not their own, you should report it and let Amazon sort it out. There are people who will try to rip us off, so we all have to watch out for each other. Reporting to Amazon will help them design a better system for catching things early.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I try not to worry about useless stuff. I have enough to deal with worrying how much longer this world can last. I just buy books that I want......if I don't know the author, I download a sample. And are you
aware that Amazon will refund your money if you are not happy? Just contact them.
Eventually these types of 'books' will disappear. I just bought one for 10cents....it was a short horror story, but I got my 10 cents worth.....
Enjoy your books and try not to raise your own blood pressure. It ain't worth it.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur

No, but I am having a slow evening here. Can you tell?