Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
It makes me cry, thank you all for your support. It has been very hard on me. I'm 27, I lost my mum, my best friend, when I was 19. My older brother by 3 years is not mature in the slightest sense. Example-he wanted to go to Cleveland (1 1/2 drive) to drink because the bars around here are "lame." This is after he wrecked (2 weeks after mum died-not sure if it was a suicide attempt or stupidity) his car into a house, ficticious plates, suspended license, ob no ins, the title was still in my name, holidat weekend, drunk as hell...he broke his back, neck, collar bone, fractured 6 ribs, punctured his one lung twice, and has had to have his jaw completely rebuilt because he totally smashed the hinges on both sides. Yet here we are, and that is still his mentality.

My father is 69 years old. I am close with him but also withold a lot of info because I don't want to see him stressed out or worried. I want him to be proud of me, not constantly hear my troubles. I have my 3 cats, the 2 girls and the boy. They are my angels, especially Cassie.

It's been so hard trying to deal with all of this, and I'm very naive when it comes to corporate games and politics within the workplace. I just want to go to work and do my job, and I will keep you posted on what happens. I have been to 2 meetings (10 are required) and went to what I though was an NA meeting but turned out to be ab AA meeting. I still stayed but I would like to find someone I can share my story with and get help finding a solution. I'm a very intelligant girl, and I feel that after all I have been through and everything I worked for...it's just hard. Thank you guys.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
After agreeing with your advice, I was just pointing out that they also have a local chapters in most cities.
Yup, even in Warren, OH!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
... been to 2 meetings (10 are required) and went to what I though was an NA meeting but turned out to be ab AA meeting. I still stayed but I would like to find someone I can share my story with and get help finding a solution...
NA and AA are quite similar, and you will find a lot of cross over, especially addicts attending AA meetings. Remember, alcohol is just as much of a drug as heroin or cocaine; the only difference being that it's legal.

I’m sure you can find someone you can relate to in either.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote