Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Top Ten September library ebook downloads

Overdrive tracks ebook and audiobook downloads for the libraries it supports, and it just released Top Ten lists for September. (There are actually 8 lists.)

Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series has the top 4 slots on the juvenile fiction list. I knew she was popular but I hadn't realized she was that popular. James Patterson has 3 slots, one on adult fiction and two on juvenile fiction. And The Lost Symbol was the most downloaded book during September (of course).

Adult Fiction
  • The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown
  • Alex Cross's Trial, by James Patterson, Richard DiLallo
  • Devil in Winter, by Lisa Kleypas
  • Because You're Mine, by Lisa Kleypas
  • Vision In White, by Nora Roberts
  • Black Hills, by Nora Roberts
  • Again the Magic, by Lisa Kleypas
  • The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
  • Dead and Gone, by Charlaine Harris
  • Brighter Than the Sun, by Julia Quinn

Juvenile Fiction
  • Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon, by Stephenie Meyer
  • Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer
  • Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Angel Experiment, by James Patterson
  • Coraline, by Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean
  • Prom Nights from Hell, by Meg Cabot, Stephenie Meyer, Kim Harrison, Lauren Myracle, Michele Jaffe
  • 3 Willows, by Ann Brashares
  • School's Out--Forever, by James Patterson
  • Nightfall, by L. J. Smith

There are also lists for Juvenile and Adult Nonfiction ebooks, as well as another 4 lists for audio books. Dan Brown and Stephenie Meyer also top the audio book fiction lists.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Interesting, all those Kleypas books have been out for a few years. I wonder why they are so high?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Interesting, all those Kleypas books have been out for a few years. I wonder why they are so high?
I use the BPL, one of the Overdrive libraries...and this ranking is pretty indicative of their offerings. An occasional (and rare) newer bestseller and quite a bit of romance novels.

I can't figure out how they pick what books are offered as its so random and sporadic when it comes to books being added...it seems as if they just offer them on Overdrive in response to various individual requests as opposed to any attempt at variety/selection (and perhaps that is what they do).
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I use the BPL, one of the Overdrive libraries...and this ranking is pretty indicative of their offerings. An occasional (and rare) newer bestseller and quite a bit of romance novels.

I can't figure out how they pick what books are offered as its so random and sporadic when it comes to books being added...it seems as if they just offer them on Overdrive in response to various individual requests as opposed to any attempt at variety/selection (and perhaps that is what they do).
That's what I figured. I guess you should start reading romance novels then
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
That's what I figured. I guess you should start reading romance novels then
Its the romance novels, and occasional new release, that are the ones that always have a wait list

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what formats they offer the books in either (although more are now being offered in ePub).

For example, I had all the Harlan Coben books in paper that I'd never gotten around to reading (someone gave them to me), so I wanted them in ebook but not enough to buy. They were all at the BPL but different formats - mobi, epub, and/or pdf. And it's not not like the earlier books were in one format and the later books in another. Fortunately, I know how to convert and was able to borrow them all except two that were offered in wma audio format only.

I love it to supplement my purchased reading...but its more like having a surprise grab bag as to what I find there.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'd never even heard of Lisa Kleypas till now.. Romance novels and teen vampire-emo, not usually on my reading list!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
How does one get their library to go digital?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post
How does one get their library to go digital?
Good question. I emailed my local library yesterday inquiring about it, and I'm awaiting their response.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
I knew Stephanie Meyer would hit all of those 4 spots..

Dan Brown is not a surprise too.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote