Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
eDGe seems to live on in Russia

Nate has dug up some really interesting finds about a certain device that is used in field tests in some Russian schools and put those in a posting over at The Digital Reader.

A commenter to his article, reichsputin, came up with this.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 12-03-2011 at 02:27 PM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
that happened with the Alex Reader as well.
any luck for a SDK coming from Russia. I managed to get the alex reader sdk and new firmware from Russia. would be cool to get the sdk somehow
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Wow! Wouldn't it be ironic if the eDGe came back to the U.S. as a successful Russian import? Those kids look right at home with it!

I will be interested to follow the story. Thanks, Beachwanderer and Nate the great!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
In fact this was the information I got from the people at the EntourageEdge.eu site and posted here not long after we all moved over here.

Now all we have to do is wait for them to ramp up production and sales.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
In fact this was the information I got from the people at the EntourageEdge.eu site and posted here not long after we all moved over here.

Now all we have to do is wait for them to ramp up production and sales.
True, you said so here in July about the IP and I completely missed that.

Well, we shall see if something useful for people outside Russia results from this. For now it's nice to see that it is still manufactured, which I didn't know.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 12-04-2011 at 12:06 PM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast
Vit-orekhov began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
You know, I'm from Russia, and I'm afraid, that EE would be never popular in our country. Although, it has chanses. First of because of their price. 22.000 Roubles - it is very expensive, so, the more you spent, the more you get in your pocket. It's lika a law. I don't know, who is the author of this program, but I've read about it. Tomorrow I'll call them and than inform you what's it about, and what's their goal. But don't wait any programms but educational. But... maybe somebody from 10th or 11th grade will write smth...
Vit-orekhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
ask for SDK!!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote