Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
MikeBailey1221
MikeBailey1221 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Image Gone! EPUB 2 MOBI conversion process

I used Sigil to add a TOC file to an HTML formatted book and to convert the book to the EPUB format. The book looks perfect as an EPUB file in Calibre.
However, when I call upon Calibre to convert the EPUB to a MOBI file one of my text images goes missing! The missing image is the same size and weight as the other (5) images in the book.

Might I have done this to myself by adding (or not adding) a page break at just the right moment while the book was in the doc format?

Parenthetically, I might add that the MOBI file satisfies all the stringent criterea set for it by Amazon Previewer. Suggestions? Advice?
MikeBailey1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #2
h1jfg
h1jfg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Recently had the same problem. Book looks perfect in epub but conversion to mobi loses one of about 6 images in the book. In my case this was an H1 chapter title followed by an image. Using Sigil I created a new page and copied the content from the problem page, then deleted the problem page. Conversion then worked. Don't know what the original issue was, and didn't change anything during the copy, but its fixed so not going to dwell on it.
h1jfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
MikeBailey1221
MikeBailey1221 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for PC
Smile Details On Using Sigil, Please. . . . .(Mr h1jfg)

Dear Mister h1jfg

I have Sigil on my desktop. I use Sigil to build my toc.ncx file. But I don't know how to use Sigil to delete and add new pages to my EPUB file. Could you please explain your remedy in more detail? Please!
MikeBailey1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBailey1221 View Post
Dear Mister h1jfg

I have Sigil on my desktop. I use Sigil to build my toc.ncx file. But I don't know how to use Sigil to delete and add new pages to my EPUB file. Could you please explain your remedy in more detail? Please!
In Sigil all Add/Deletes are don from the 'Book Browser' window.
Right click on a book section you want to delete

Right-click in a open area: New = (totally:No style...)Blank
Add Existing expects you to point to an external (to the EPUB) file.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote