Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Staples clearance

My local Staples must have cleaned out the store rooms. This is what I found on their clearance table.

They have 3 PRS-505 leather covers, 2 standard and one lighted. I didn't check the price, but am still amazed they had any at all.

They have the PRS-300/600 standard covers for $1.50 and the lighted 300/600 covers for $4.50. They also had the Sony chargers for $2.50.

I bought a standard cover just to try and modify, couldn't pass up the price.
Nice to see Staples give the public a chance to buy instead of salvaging like other stores do.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
The older covers are easy to modify; I modified the 600 cover for my 650 but you got a better bargain - mine was 8.95 with free shipping on ebay.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Elecman
Enthusiast
Elecman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
While I have converted a PRS-600 cover I bought from Bestbuy for my 650, and it works great for only 10 bux I will still go to Staples tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
Elecman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
damn i wish they had that online, my sister wants a cover for her 300.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
damn i wish they had that online, my sister wants a cover for her 300.
Check the Office Depot website. When I checked recently they still had 300 / 600 accessories and none for the new models. It wasn't discounted either. Maybe it's on sale now.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I went to my local Staples and their clearance area was barren. They said they never got any Sony Reader merchandise but they had a big Kindle display with wit the DX and K3. Oh well. No covers for me.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
I went to my local Staples and their clearance area was barren. They said they never got any Sony Reader merchandise but they had a big Kindle display with wit the DX and K3. Oh well. No covers for me.
Same here and the DX screen was broken. All my local store has is a photo of a Sony on the ereader warranty brochure at the Kindle display.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote