Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds as if a practical experiment is needed!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Hmmm, I could take the sun-fading unit I'm sending back and put it in my 3T MRI

Only trick would be figuring out some kind of rig to keep it from flinging across the room and jamming into the far reaches of the donut. I think my bosses would be mad if they had to quench the magnet
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 AM   #18
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
This reflects off a question I'd had previously --- could one make a stylus which would directly manipulate an e-ink screen (say even if it were turned off) --- this would've been useful for hacking the Esquire e-ink cover ad (just re-program the electronics so that when it was turned on it blanked the screen), then one could have used it as an electronic slate.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Hmmm, I could take the sun-fading unit I'm sending back and put it in my 3T MRI

Only trick would be figuring out some kind of rig to keep it from flinging across the room and jamming into the far reaches of the donut. I think my bosses would be mad if they had to quench the magnet
Forget about the bosses - this is for SCIENCE
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #20
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupstin View Post
Forget about the bosses - this is for SCIENCE

It certainly wouldn't be as bad as a floor cleaner.

edited to add: There's also a great video of some people prying an office chair loose....
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #21
mrkarl
Connoisseur
mrkarl began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre pro
well, it's kind of hard to make a decent EMP, but I think that depending on how the pulse hit the reader it would probably go all black or all white, but then I'm not sure what happens to the ink when the unit is shut off, so maybe it would go all black and then white, but maybe not cause when you turn off the reader it sets it to white where it stays until the charges recieve a different set of charges....................well, that's my thinking for the day
mrkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #22
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkarl View Post
I'm not sure what happens to the ink when the unit is shut off
Nothing. The screen that was displayed before shutting the power off is still displayed afterwards.
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Let's hope nobody ever finds out for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

would it really matter at the end, if there is no one left to view the result of the experiment ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #24
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
would it really matter at the end, if there is no one left to view the result of the experiment ?
My thought is for the survivors who straggle out of their bunkers and organic farms in the country.
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #25
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Absolutely! I volunteer *all* your e-ink readers as the test devices!

Ain't no one getting any of *mine*, that's for sure. Not *my* preciouses!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote