Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
Trouble with Cory Doctorow's "Makers"

I uploaded this book to my 505 last night and have not been able to read it. The epub file loads fine onto the reader, but when I try to open it, I get an error on the reader that says "Page Error" under a triangle with an exclamation point in it.

I haven't run into this error before. I've tried loading it to both internal and external memory, with both eBook Library and Calibre, so I'm fairly certain it's a file issue. I've tried downloading it a couple of times, with no difference. Any idea what is causing this? Is there an error log on the 505 that would at least tell me what's going on?
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just convert it from epub to epub in calibre and you will be fine. (And someone should send Cory a version of the epub that acrtually works with mobile ADE)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The ePub that's on Cory's site is terribly made. Not only doesn't it conform to mobile ADE, it has the CSS inside each file instead of an external CSS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for the Help guys. I'm willing to send the file to Cory, but I doubt much will come of it. He accepts the first file and doesn't do anything further with it. I can't blame him for that. Trying to sort out a dozen files from so many sources would be pretty awful.
I'll give the conversion a shot when I get home.

Thank you again!
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote