Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: December 2009 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Picture (or Portrait) of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 4 6.90%
Verdant Skies by Steven Jordan 7 12.07%
Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers 14 24.14%
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow 4 6.90%
My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse 5 8.62%
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 3 5.17%
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 3 5.17%
Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I by Tracy Falbe 1 1.72%
A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird 6 10.34%
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow 3 5.17%
Prague by Arthur Phillips 1 1.72%
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells 7 12.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 AM   #16
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can also get his ebooks on his own web site in DRM free ePub and other formats (for free)

http://craphound.com/littlebrother/

http://craphound.com/down/download.php

BOb
Pilotbob. I added the information to my post.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #17
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Here are a quick few places for some of the books up for vote.
Frankenstein

at Feedbooks
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Frankenstein

at Feedbooks
Thank you Ea, I added the information to my post. I added in the others, since I had most of the books listed anyway.

I haven't looked for Prague yet.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #19
RTownsend
RTownsend began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook; iRex; Kindle2; iPhone
Thanks for the links Dreams - I have been wanting to find another copy of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.
RTownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #20
RTownsend
RTownsend began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook; iRex; Kindle2; iPhone
Awesome site - thanks - I have not cmoe across this one before.
RTownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
OK folks... don't forget to vote... only one day left.

This will be a historic election!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow, we got a lot of voters!

Go Dorothy Sayers!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #23
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I read the Sayers' book when it was a runner-up in September. It was good so I won't be disappointed if it wins, but I voted for A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #24
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've already read "Murder must advertise" three times... But I can't see how it could not win.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Well... that settles it:

Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers

Which I think is in the MR library... but I'm to lazy to look back at Dream's post.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #26
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Well... that settles it:

Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers

Which I think is in the MR library... but I'm to lazy to look back at Dream's post.

BOb
Here you go.

Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers on MR in mobi/prc, lrf, Lit, and Imp.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #27
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Don't know if I'll take part in the discussion -- or even bother to vote -- but I'm delighted to hear about A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird. It sound just like my kind of book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Apart from that, Dorothy L Sayers is also a good choice, and Murder Must Advertise is one of her best.
Yeah that Bird book has been on my "should read" list for a while I guess she was quite something...

I'm kinda late getting to this thread this month (too much distraction by copyright and global warming threads ) but I really need to focus on my reading and writing.

Looks like the Murder Mystery is the winner here, will check it out...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #28
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Don't know if I'll take part in the discussion -- or even bother to vote -- but I'm delighted to hear about A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird. It sound just like my kind of book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I started reading it when it was first nominated. Then I got side-tracked and haven't picked it up again (yet), but I would still recommend it. She was an interesting character, she writes well, and the book is really interesting for its view into 19th century USA immigrant/settler life. Much more raw and direct than "Little House on the Prairie"
Old 12-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #29
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Yay! Can't wait to read this one!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote