Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Readius stalls for lack of funding

Wired is reporting

Quote:
Polymer Vision, a a spin-off of electronics giant Phillips, needs a cash infusion to keep going, says CEO Karl McGoldrick.

McGoldrick says he's talking to a few investors to refinance his venture and get new funding. And he's confident of closing a deal in the next few weeks.

"We are ready to go into production but all depends on exactly when the funding comes through," he says. "Our display is perfect and the device is solid."
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Maybe they should sell the thing, or take pre-orders or something. They have been working on this longer than Duke Nukem Forever has been in development.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I think instead of making it a phone with reader support, they should have just concentrated on makeing it a cool one of a kind ebook reader~!

I mean it would have made it tons easier, cheaper and most likely sell way better!
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
True...
I can't see the average cell phone user getting that much excited about having e-ink in his/her mobile. Us bookworms on the other hand....
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
This is unfortunate I was quite interested in the Radius
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
on a side note about the Readius,

Reading up on some of the funding posts etc on the web, I found out that the first version IS only a reader !!

WOOT

Version is a reader, version 2 will include the phone option.

IF they can get the funding, Im hoping that this means the intial price will be lower. ( that and id be WAY more likely to buy one if I could aford it! )
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Maybe they should sell the thing, or take pre-orders or something. They have been working on this longer than Duke Nukem Forever has been in development.

BOb
And look at what happened to Duke Nukem
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #8
DrBen
Landed Gentry
DrBen began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro - Maroon
<sigh> I hope they can bring this to market. This is SO the right e-reader for me. Portability is the key issue for me. I have a hectic life, and do NOT get long stretches of reading time. When I have a few moments of down time here and there, I need a super-portable unit I won't mind carrying around at all times just in case the opportunity arises. Something that I can read indoors or outdoors.
It looks so close to being ready, I hope they can get it in production!
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Tomoe
Tomoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBen View Post
<sigh> I hope they can bring this to market. This is SO the right e-reader for me. Portability is the key issue for me. I have a hectic life, and do NOT get long stretches of reading time. When I have a few moments of down time here and there, I need a super-portable unit I won't mind carrying around at all times just in case the opportunity arises. Something that I can read indoors or outdoors.
It looks so close to being ready, I hope they can get it in production!
I feel the same way, DrBen. Time wasted while waiting in lines and such would no longer be time wasted, with this device.
Tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #10
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
I guess this is the latest

http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/33741...r-Vision-folds

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/...irm_collapses/
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Thanks for the notice, Solodoc.
It's sad to see this project fail to go to market.
I was pretty interested in it.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is really disappointing news. that was a great gadget and i was excited to see it go to market. i hope it will make a comeback someday very soon, somehow.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #13
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
I doubt its totally dead.Definitely delayed and will come out in another form...hopefully it might skip a couple of developmental stages......the future might be either a flexible eink display or lcd---high resolution (multifuntional)

Remember other manufacturers can get the readius copyright cheaply if it ever makes sense to them

Last edited by solodoc; 07-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote