Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
linusnc
linusnc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Insert metadata as page at start of book adds does not replace (mobi to mobi)

I wanted to put a new description at the start of one of my books. I changed the metadata then I went and reconverted (mobi to mobi) with Insert metadata as page at start of book I then went and checked the finish product and now I have two descriptions. Insert metadata as page at start of book.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong. I am using calibre 0.8.60
linusnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I think this is intrinsic in mobi books. It does not mark the field so it cannot be replaced.

The only way to do it is to start again with your original source book. Not as hard as it sounds, delete all mobi formats. (asssuming you still havethe original) and drag and drop the original.

Also if you have the Save original file when converting from same format to same format
tweak True, you always start from the original and won't have this problem.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
linusnc
linusnc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thanks for the reply I will do that from now on
linusnc is offline   Reply With Quote