Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #31
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Well, darn, I finished my book a few days ago and have to wait 2 more weeks for another freebie...
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #32
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
The A** Is A Poor Receptacle For The Head: Why Democrats Suck At Communication, And How They Could Improve by Barry Eisler was the first book I borrowed from the Lending Library since I have just finished the entire John Rain series by Barry Eisler (some audio books; some ebooks) - highly recommend:
Rain Fall
Hard Rain
Rain Storm
Killing Rain
The Last Assassin
Requiem for an Assassin
The Detachment
Fault Line -standalone
Inside Out -Fault Line sequel

My second Lending book is the first in the series of the Hunger Games.
Water for Elephants is a pretty good book - read it before I got the Kindle.
I loved all of Eisler's except for The Detachment. He turned Rain into "just one of the guys" which he simply is NOT. I wrote Barry about that one. I would like more Rain being Rain but I realize that the protagonists get stale for their creators after a while.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
Dragle
Dragle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire orig + HD8.9, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
@Dragle - you're fine just reading the first Hunger games and stopping. No big deal with 2 and 3. Read them when you want down the road.
1st one is cool due to the action and pace. 2 and 3 are slower and not as exciting and dont hold you as tightly interested.
#1 I read in 2.5 days almost non-stop due to the page turning goodness.
Yeah, I'll probably read them eventually, assuming they are still available in the lending library when I get the mood to read them.
Dragle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #34
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
My book of the month is Wool Omnibus Edition by Hugh Howey.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
April is here.
What did you pick for your new selection?
Im still working on my March book as I havent had much time to read lately
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #36
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
April is here.
What did you pick for your new selection?
Im still working on my March book as I havent had much time to read lately
I'm reading Ice by Ed Mc Bain. Last month's book didn't work out. It was so forgettable that I have no memory of what it was.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #37
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Alcatraz: A Definitive History of the Penitentiary Years by Michael Esslinger
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #38
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
For this month I went with Kurt Vonnegut Basic Training.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #39
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
This monthe I'm reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
Wow just read the info and saw the video snippets on AZ on this one. Looks like a winner for sure. Will pick it up as soon as Im done w/ Water for Elephants
Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #40
beej231
Addict

Almost time to pick another book. What will it be?
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
AbeRod1986
AbeRod1986 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
AbeRod1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #42
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The Mongoliad: Book One by Neal Stephenson et al
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #43
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I've been so busy this month that I totally forgot it was time for a freebie! Heading off to check my list for this month's pick...
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #44
salsaguy
Addict

Im reading "The Last Lecture" Randy Pausch currently.
Very powerful and moving and makes you cry, especially when you are dealing with something similar, as I just spent 2.5 months in the hospital and still recovering at home for mouth cancer. I had major surgery on my mouth and reconstruction and radiation treatments.

I highly suggest this one. Get a box of Kleenex ready for sure
Old 12-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #45
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Im reading "The Last Lecture" Randy Pausch currently.
Very powerful and moving and makes you cry, especially when you are dealing with something similar, as I just spent 2.5 months in the hospital and still recovering at home for mouth cancer. I had major surgery on my mouth and reconstruction and radiation treatments.

I highly suggest this one. Get a box of Kleenex ready for sure
Here's hoping you have a good recovery.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote