Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #31
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
So how close is this to the books?

I need to find and download these episodes, I don't have/nor know anyone with HBO.
pretty darn close. the biggest issue thus far has been the initial relationship between Danerys and and Drogo. there have been little issues since then that really probably only bug those of us who have read it extremely closely. for instance, last night Arya never actually told her father the sword came from Jon. it almost felt like it may have been cut in the editing
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #32
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
A little off topic, but HBO is also in talks to make Neil Gaiman's American Gods into a series.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 AM   #33
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
pretty darn close. the biggest issue thus far has been the initial relationship between Danerys and and Drogo. there have been little issues since then that really probably only bug those of us who have read it extremely closely. for instance, last night Arya never actually told her father the sword came from Jon. it almost felt like it may have been cut in the editing
Very cool, I've started a re-read so I can grab the book when it comes out in July. Maybe get through one of these books a month so as not to bog me down all at once.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #34
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
how far into the first book are they with the three episodes? do you think they'll keep this first season to book 1 only or will they spill into the other books?
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #35
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
how far into the first book are they with the three episodes? do you think they'll keep this first season to book 1 only or will they spill into the other books?
My hubby mentioned while we were watching that they were about 1/4 of the way through book 1. Not knowing how many episodes they per season, I think it would be hard to say how much material they're going to cover.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #36
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
My hubby mentioned while we were watching that they were about 1/4 of the way through book 1. Not knowing how many episodes they per season, I think it would be hard to say how much material they're going to cover.
its an hbo show so you're looking at about 12/13 episodes. seems to be the norm now with half seasons. same with spartacus season 1 (prequel season 2 unfortunate because of whitfields cancer) but season 3 will be back to 13 eps.

a quarter of the way through book 1, so it seems like they may do all of book 1 for season 1 then start fresh for season 2. at least that's what i'd do but i'm not the producer or director.

they did already sign on for a second season so hopefully they keep it at a book a season.

also has anyone seen any off the beaten path parts in the show compared to the books?
i know walking dead followed closely to the books then kind of wavered.
what are your thoughts on the wavering part ? would you like them to stay true all the way or would you like to see new people/or events take place during the show ?

for myself i'd rather see a true to book form, but if the directors/producers want to change things up a little, hopefully it's for the better because if it isn't fans will be in an uproar. kind of like LOTR, they had to keep true and get in as much as they could.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #37
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The first season is 10 episodes (they've already renewed it for a second season).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #38
siraks
use the force

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The first season is 10 episodes (they've already renewed it for a second season).
there you have it, 10. hbo tends to keep things on the lighter side and not stretch out like regular broadcast television where they try to rock out 24 eps in a season.
but i'm not complaining getting 24 eps of big bang theory.

i almost wish hbo would just show 10 straight days of thrones lol so we can watch it all in one shot, but then we'd have so much to talk about right away and no in between time.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #39
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
its an hbo show so you're looking at about 12/13 episodes. seems to be the norm now with half seasons. same with spartacus season 1 (prequel season 2 unfortunate because of whitfields cancer) but season 3 will be back to 13 eps.

a quarter of the way through book 1, so it seems like they may do all of book 1 for season 1 then start fresh for season 2. at least that's what i'd do but i'm not the producer or director.

they did already sign on for a second season so hopefully they keep it at a book a season.

also has anyone seen any off the beaten path parts in the show compared to the books?
i know walking dead followed closely to the books then kind of wavered.
what are your thoughts on the wavering part ? would you like them to stay true all the way or would you like to see new people/or events take place during the show ?

for myself i'd rather see a true to book form, but if the directors/producers want to change things up a little, hopefully it's for the better because if it isn't fans will be in an uproar. kind of like LOTR, they had to keep true and get in as much as they could.
as far as I can tell they have stayed pretty much spot on, no weird rabbit hunts. I can't wait to see how they do the dragons!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #40
siraks
use the force

Quote:
as far as I can tell they have stayed pretty much spot on, no weird rabbit hunts. I can't wait to see how they do the dragons!
what? there are dragons?
i was beginning to wonder if it was a human cast and not any other fantasy aspects like elves and orcs etc.. not sure what to expect as i know nothing going in but i'm liking this show more with each passing episode.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #41
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
what? there are dragons?
i was beginning to wonder if it was a human cast and not any other fantasy aspects like elves and orcs etc.. not sure what to expect as i know nothing going in but i'm liking this show more with each passing episode.
there be dragons! and other ghoulies! not tons, but some!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #42
siraks
use the force

Quote:
yay !

also just wanted to add, i forget if it was mentioned above. i love the theme song at the beginning when it goes through the map and the 3d buildings pop up.. i woke up this morning humming it in my head, weird. i was telling a friend last night while it was on how awesome it was and it kind of gets me pumped for the show even more.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #43
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I just downloaded the first episode.....watched about 10 minutes of it...OH MY GOD!!!

I'm hooked, I will buy it on Blu-Ray, just amazing what they did.....currently downloading episodes 2 and 3....wish I had HBO so I can watch them live.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #44
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:

yay !
Don't hold your breath .............. If they come this season they'll be in the last episode
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #45
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I bought the book, and have to confess, I’m having a little trouble keeping my interest peaked. There just seems to be way too many subplots and characters to keep everything sorted out. Perhaps it’s an indication of my inability to multitask well.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote