Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
bibomator
Linux User
bibomator began at the beginning.

Device: PB603
Lightbulb Toolchain for the 60x and 90x ?

Hi folks,

to my understanding the toolchain / SDK for the Pocketbooks 60x/90x has not
been released jet. Anyway there seem to pop up more and more custom made
programs for these models - hence somebody has the knowlege !

Is there anywhere in the net some nice webside where the necessary knowledge for doing so is collected - maybe even with some examples?

I would be interested in the necessary sources, tools, libraries and toolchain e.c.

I'm a newbie so any help is appreciated
bibomator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
oh yeah, i heard say the SDK will be released this month hope its still true.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
doublezed
doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Leggo IBS - a.k.a. PocketBook 603
I hope so! With pocketbook you can't count on deadlines
j.c. where you heard about it? Do you remember or can provide us with a link so we can "stay tuned"? Thanks a lot!
doublezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

It was right here in paolamanzini's thread Users tips, apps and FAQs for the new reader models
Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibomator View Post
Hi folks,

to my understanding the toolchain / SDK for the Pocketbooks 60x/90x has not
been released jet. Anyway there seem to pop up more and more custom made
programs for these models - hence somebody has the knowlege !

Is there anywhere in the net some nice webside where the necessary knowledge for doing so is collected - maybe even with some examples?

I would be interested in the necessary sources, tools, libraries and toolchain e.c.

I'm a newbie so any help is appreciated

Compilation in an emulator: see link in this post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...18&postcount=1

cross compiling:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=28

and the whole story here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114745

this is all unofficial work so you need to tune the makefiles etc. (in the case of the cross compiler).

Probably the easiest for the beginning is to use the emulator. Then you can try to compile the newest version of wget without any changes to the makefiles. just extract, ./configure, make that's it.others and I did it before. This will compile without any errors .. so you get to know the touch and feel how it looks if things work. Also the remote shell access and poterm are invaluable addition for a serious programmer (all linked to in paolas thread mentioned above).

the emulator is rather slow (i was running it for days when compiling a media player) but the cross compiler needs usually some more finetuning which differs from one to the other software.

any specific questions let us know. There is usually an easy answer to it.

Last edited by review; 03-04-2011 at 07:25 PM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #6
J.C.
Addict

Nice slip, OMG Review where is this alleged media player and is it actually suitable for playing audio books ? (i.e. actually remembers things between sessions and doesn't lump every mp3 it can find together)

Edit: Had a 'duh' moment and realized you probably meant the wifi radio, still i hope it'll grow into porting an actually decent media player that would be suitable to audiobook playing.
Even without background playing or control of the player from within other apps it'll worthwhile in my opinion.

Last edited by J.C.; 03-06-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
mamaich
mamaich has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Rooted Pocketbook 602
Published a Windows development kit (unifficial of cause) here: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...tart=20#651307
Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/3NNNM5ABGH
Installation:
1. Install CygWin
2. Uncompress archive to /usr/local
3. Use "normal" *nix build scripts (./configure --target=arm-none-linux-gnueab && make) instead of original pocketbook scripts.

Emulator is not included as it is wiser to debug directly on device with GDB.
mamaich is offline   Reply With Quote