Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Insert Metadata As Page At Start Of Book

Hi,

When converting for an EPUB output I have ticked Structure Detection > Insert metadata as page at start of book, so far so good but I always strip the publisher from my metadata, so how do I stop the Unknown publisher from showing up, see below

Gone, Baby, Gone
Patrick Kenzie & Angela Gennaro [4]
Dennis Lehane
Unknown publisher (1998)
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLaFunk View Post
Hi,

When converting for an EPUB output I have ticked Structure Detection > Insert metadata as page at start of book, so far so good but I always strip the publisher from my metadata, so how do I stop the Unknown publisher from showing up, see below

Gone, Baby, Gone
Patrick Kenzie & Angela Gennaro [4]
Dennis Lehane
Unknown publisher (1998)
Publisher is a required field (to pass validation) Unknown is the printed value for 'publisher is blank' Put some name in the Publisher field.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hi,

When converting for an EPUB output I have ticked Structure Detection > Insert metadata as page at start of book, so far so good but I always strip the publisher from my metadata, so how do I stop the Unknown publisher from showing up,
Find the style.css file in found in either your the calibre program directory something like the following:

C:\Program Files\Calibre2\resources\jacket\
or in your
calibre config directory under \resources\jacket\

Edit this file in a text editor and follow the instructions inside the css file. Find this line and uncomment the display:none line like below and the Publisher info will be removed from future conversions.

Code:
table.cbj_header tr.cbj_pubdate {
    /* Uncomment the next line to remove 'Published' from banner section */
    display:none;
    }
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Find the style.css file in found in either your the calibre program directory something like the following:

C:\Program Files\Calibre2\resources\jacket\
or in your
calibre config directory under \resources\jacket\

Edit this file in a text editor and follow the instructions inside the css file. Find this line and uncomment the display:none line like below and the Publisher info will be removed from future conversions.

Code:
    }
Have edited with your info, result showing

Code:
	}
The unknown publisher is still showing
Old 02-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Your right, I just tried it and the publisher was still listed in the insert metadata page. It used to work, put in a bug report.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Your right, I just tried it and the publisher was still listed in the insert metadata page. It used to work, put in a bug report.
Have raised a ticket - Ticket #8780

Thanks for the help...

Jay
Old 02-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
If it's only a few books, as a workaround, open them in Sigil, and delete 'Unknown publisher'
in jacket.xhtml

OR
As publisher, in metadata, instead of leaving it blank, give it 'Published'
Then it'll at least look reasonable.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
If it's only a few books, as a workaround, open them in Sigil, and delete 'Unknown publisher'
in jacket.xhtml

OR
As publisher, in metadata, instead of leaving it blank, give it 'Published'
Then it'll at least look reasonable.
My first thought was something like this, it's in all my books so the Sigil way would be too time consuming, I have just inserted a full stop and it looks better than the full "Unknown Publisher"
Old 02-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Code:
    }
This was a typo, should have been 'table.cbj_header tr.cbj_pubdata. Patch submitted.

I've submitted a patch to remove 'Unknown Publisher' in the jacket.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote