Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
GaspodeX
GaspodeX began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Question UK 505 won't go to sleep ..

Ok .. I've a problem with my 505. It won't go to sleep. It did for a bit but now won't.

Slider is working (otherwise PRS 505 wouldn't turn on) Sleep mode says ON under settings (in fact i can't change it) but using the power slider when turned on has no effect.

Advice ? or a UK Sony support contact (for the good it will do me)

Many thanks

John
GaspodeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
GaspodeX
GaspodeX began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I should also mention it doesn't auto sleep either. It just stays on untill it runs out of power.
GaspodeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
It does sound a bit strange as I can change the sleep mode settings on mine. Have you tried a full shut down and resetting your reader. Not sure if this will help, but might be worth a try, and apologies if it was the first thing you thought of

If not, sony customer services in the UK are 0845 6000 124. US customers have reported surprisingly good results recently, so it might be worth a try, and if you haven't had it long then you could also try going back to the place you bought it from as they might replace it.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaspodeX View Post

Ok .. I've a problem with my 505. It won't go to sleep. It did for a bit but now won't.

Slider is working (otherwise PRS 505 wouldn't turn on) Sleep mode says ON under settings (in fact i can't change it) but using the power slider when turned on has no effect.

Advice ? or a UK Sony support contact (for the good it will do me)

Many thanks

John
Presumably you've tried resetting it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Make sure you've copied all you want from the Reader onto your PC, then try Settings/Advanced Settings/Format Internal Memory
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
By the way, if you haven't seen it, there's someone else with the same problem in this thread.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I've had this problem for days now and have tried re-formatting (but nothing happens after an hour, so I give up). Must try again. Please talk me through, though: before trying re-format again, how do I copy material from the PRS to my PC so that I can retrieve it later? And does it really mean I'm fully charged when the machine tells me so after hours connected to the PC via UBS or is that just swank? Thanks for any advice. Hoots. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote