Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #16
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Ah, right -- had forgotten about your old-Linux issues. And to use oeb2mobi you do need to create a full OEB structure; i.e., what you need for an EPUB version.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Another preview. Now with new cover and a bit larger thumbnails for Zelda

I've removed the full size images from this version, to make the size reasonable (it is more than 20MB with the images). I have now Italian, German, English, Portuguese and Russian, it's disappointing to find no copyright-free Spanish version online, and the French one I've found it's prose (I'll add it anyway). The mobi file takes a LONG time to build with html2mobi (and my poor laptop gets quite hot), maybe due to the high number of hyperlinks and anchors.

PS. I've just noticed some references to thumbnails are wrong in the Portuguese version, it's already fixed.

PPS. I'd like to send/upload the source files to someone who can try oeb2mobi, and see if it takes a shorter time to build and if the filesize is smaller due to images not being duplicated... Volunteers?

PPPS. Although I'm not proofreading the texts, I tried to make typography right (curly/angle quotes, italics, dashes...) Please tell me if there is something to improve.

PPPPS. Oh, and I would need a sentence in Russian saying that "The Russian text comes from http://..." or something similar (and if there is anything wrong in the sentences in other languages, please tell me too).
Attached Files
File Type: mobi La divina commedia.mobi (4.90 MB, 422 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 02-01-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
looking at it just quickly it looks really nice ! i like the new cover much better. i still think the thumbnails are too small but i'm not complaining about that. i didn't read through the whole thing but the typography looks very nice to me. i like the way you used square brackets for the links to the italian version to set it off from the translations. excellent job so far.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote