Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #23326
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
in my cup:

Earl Grey tea, with a good twist of lemon, lime, and half a slice of grapefruit. No sugar added.

Love it, this is my favourite winter tea.
Welcome to the thread lorenzoens.

I love Earl Grey, but not with anything in it.

Almost time to make another cup, as my coffee is almost finished.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #23327
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
why??
From what I read on BBC it is tradition.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #23328
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
She is 75 years old and is in good health, but says she has to step back for the next generation. She has had a tough life the last ten years: parents died, husband died, attack on the Royal Family a few years ago which had a huge impact on the family as 6 innocent bystanders were killed
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_at...h_Royal_Family ) and one of her sons is in coma after an avalanche, since one year.
Quite a tale of woe. If our queen stepped down there'd be a state of shock and mourning (in no small part due to the fact that Prince Charles would take over ).

Sol beer in my bottle. With a slice of lime. You could almost imagine it is summer...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #23329
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
She is 75 years old and is in good health, but says she has to step back for the next generation. She has had a tough life the last ten years: parents died, husband died, attack on the Royal Family a few years ago which had a huge impact on the family as 6 innocent bystanders were killed
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_at...h_Royal_Family ) and one of her sons is in coma after an avalanche, since one year.
I think I knew about the attack, that was the one over those damn cartoons, right? I hadn't heard about the avalanche though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Quite a tale of woe. If our queen stepped down there'd be a state of shock and mourning (in no small part due to the fact that Prince Charles would take over ).

Sol beer in my bottle. With a slice of lime. You could almost imagine it is summer...
I often wonder if that in part is what keeps her going
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #23330
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

I often wonder if that in part is what keeps her going
I genuinely think it factors into her thinking.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #23331
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Back from the horses. Three of our six riders canceled. The roads are slushy, with a few patches of ice, but not too bad.

Settling down with a mug of hot pu-erh tea to take the edge off.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #23332
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
From what I read on BBC it is tradition.
Yes, they can abdicate when they want
Quote:
I think I knew about the attack, that was the one over those damn cartoons, right? I hadn't heard about the avalanche though.
No, it was a deranged young man, with a grudge against the royal family.

In my cup: water
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #23333
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
The cartoon attack was in Denmark, but you'll find those fuzzheads anywhere I think.

In my cup: Fine frech wine (2001 Chateau St.Emilion)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #23334
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Does prince Wilem has good reputation as queen Beatrix, blues?
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #23335
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Matcha Latte
Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #23336
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Decaf coffee in my cup and thinking of having some cornbread.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #23337
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Plain coffee in my cup and getting started on the pile of laundry.
Good luck, I should do the same with our pile. But somehow I always find more interesting things to do

Quote:
in my cup: h-o-t coffee

(awaiting the news on T.V.:Queen Beatrix will speak to the people...abdicate?)

edit: update
Yes, she will abdicate on the 30th of April.
Quote:
I saw it too last night. I wish our king would do the same, he's even older than Beatrix ... But of course then we'd have Prince Filip as king ... Maybe that's even worse

Another weekend has come and gone, time to get started at work again. Sipping a cappuccino, trying to get a clear head. It's going to be a busy week!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #23338
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
So, forgive my stupid American ignorance... but not sure I understand the modern concept of "king" and "queen." I am pretty sure that Brittian's queen is a symbolic postion now, and that parliament rules the country, is that correct? Is that true for Queen Beatrix also?

Black Silk Coffee in the tigger mug this am...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #23339
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nothing in my cup at the moment. I must get some iced water shortly.

The UK Monarchy is an oddity. Rule is by custom, rather than by written constitution. The armed forces swear personal allegiance to the current monarch, and their heirs and successors.

The UK monarch must assent to any laws passed by the Houses of Parliament, although this is now a formality, and Royal Assent has not been refused since 1707.

Parliament rules, but the Queen does have a weekly meeting with the Prime Minister, and no doubt has influence behind the scenes. In public, the monarch remains strictly neutral with regard to party politics.

I was fascinated to read about the Belgian Monarchy, which is a much more constitutional monarchy than the UK one.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #23340
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Most of the European Monarchs are figureheads. They bring in some tourist dollars, although I have a feeling that the Brits are the country that gain the biggest bang for the buck having royals, and they are a nice conncetion to the countries history.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if any of the European Royals exercised what political power would find themselves out of a job as Parliament would vote them out of existance.

So the Queen meets with the PM once a week in GB and is kept up to speed with what is happening but she has no real say in policy or the political agenda. Her speech to Parliament at the opening is written by the PM's staff and she delivers it.

I am not sure what powers the Monarch has in Belgium but I would guess that the Monarch is very careful because all it takes a mistep or two for Parliament to decide that a Monarch is not needed.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?