Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
BusterB
BusterB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Red light from "under" the screen? top left corner

Just upgraded to the glo from using the touch for the last year. Really liking it, but when looking at the top left with a small viewing angle, you can see "under?" or behind the screen,and a red light is viewing. Is this normal? Although it is an awkward angle for reading, it is slightly visible and distracting while reading a book. I am wondering if I have a defective screen or back light?

Sorry for the lack of good description. Just wondering what other people have with their Glo. I couldn't find anything obvious in the forums when searching.

Thanks for the help..
BusterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterB View Post
Really liking it, but when looking at the top left with a small viewing angle, you can see "under?" or behind the screen,and a red light is viewing. Is this normal?
I don't think that is normal. I can see a red light if I peer into the USB port of my Glo, but it is not visible anywhere else.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
No red light on mine at any angle - I'd be looking into an exchange if I were you. Shouldn't be any problem getting one, I don't think.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
BusterB

Thanks a bunch, I'll head back to the store for an exchange.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Kind of wondering if the white LED lighting is leaking through the IR filter plastic which is likely a deep reddish almost black looking tinted plastic?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
Elfuente
Enthusiast
Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: kobo glo
stop it!

Quote:
you can see "under?" or behind the screen,and a red light is viewing.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I can see a red light if I peer into the USB port of my Glo, but it is not visible anywhere else.
Really guys, stop taking drugs before you use the KG.

Elfuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Really liking it, but when looking at the top left with a small viewing angle, you can see "under?" or behind the screen,and a red light is viewing. Is this normal?
I don't think that the Glo has any red LEDS, although the one on top (near the sleep and light buttons can do red.

As infrared led parts are sometimes coloured red, what you may be seeing is a misaligned touch screen sensor led, or some white light reflecting off the touch screen sensor.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I could see a slight red (infrared) light on my first Glo in the top right corner, but only when looking at a very sharp angle, almost parallel to the screen. I could see the white leds a little more brightly at the bottom right corner of the screen when looking down the screen. I assumed it was due to a misalignment of the screen in the case mechanism. I exchanged that Glo because the light button stopped working and received the replacement yesterday, which has no misalignment and the red light is not visible. If you can see the red light while reading, I would exchange it.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
BusterB

Got a new one and it does not have the same problem. Thanks all..