Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Logan06
Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ipad
Need help with Importing Books

Need help Please! I posting this again because I really need help. I've looked through the FAQ, i'm not a programer, just one of the little people and I can not figure out how to get Calibre to pull metadata from the file name in the format I need. I've tried several things I have read in the posts but nothing has worked for this file name format...

I am trying to import a batch of ebooks that are formated as follows...

Author (last name first Name) - Searies [##] - Title

Example:
Patterson James - Alex Cross [10] - London Bridges.epub

What is the expression I have to use?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Logan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
garcle
Connoisseur
garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Hi Logan, This should do it

Code:
^(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?P<series>((?!\[).)+)\[(?P<series_index>((?!\])\d)+)\]\s-\s(?P<title>((?!\.).)+)
pop that in your adding books Regular expression field.
garcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Logan06
Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Logan06 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ipad
Garcle, thank you and that worked perfectly. If i wasn't alergic to green playdo I would kiss you! But can you tell me something, 78 people viewed this post and you were the one and only to respond. Did I post in the wrong place? Or is this something that is very hard to figure out? If it is I could not find many posts on the topic and what I did find I can not make heads or tails of.

Thanks again for you very kind responce.
Forever in your debt,
Logan 6
Logan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan06 View Post
But can you tell me something, 78 people viewed this post and you were the one and only to respond.
Some questions for you.
  • How many people viewed the post prior to garcle responding?
  • Once an answer that seems appropriate is posted why should anyone else respond?
  • You got an answer to your question in under 3 hours that apparently works for you, are you seriously questioning folks willingness to help?
Quote:
Did I post in the wrong place?
No.

Quote:
is this something that is very hard to figure out?
It's not rocket science but it isn't intuitive to most users. Again you got an accurate answer in under 3 hours, why are you questioning this?

Quote:
If it is I could not find many posts on the topic and what I did find I can not make heads or tails of.
Here is a tip for searching this site, use Google. I have found that creating a search of the site using Google more often gives me the the answer then using the search feature on this site. Here is an example of a Google search for your problem.

For future reference here are some links that you might find useful. Calibre Manual, Calibre FAQ, growing list of tutorials, Calibre help page, Change Log outlining changes between each version.

Good Luck in the future and don't hesitate to ask more questions as needed. We're all glad to help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote