Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
PDF import bugs with Book Designer

I'm noticing that when loading a PDF into BD, I lose the italics and emdashes. What can be done to fix this?

Jon
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:38 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
I'm noticing that when loading a PDF into BD, I lose the italics and emdashes. What can be done to fix this?

Jon
Unfortunatelly, nothing.
If you are making a book from pdf, you have to convert the pdf to RTF or HTML, then upload the resultant file into BD for a further editing.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
When BD processes a pdf, it just gets its text skipping all the styles. In principal, it is possible to keep styles but to do this I need to develop another, much more complicated algorithms to glue the lines. Maybe I will try to do it with time, but not right now...
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Unfortunatelly, nothing.
If you are making a book from pdf, you have to convert the pdf to RTF or HTML, then upload the resultant file into BD for a further editing.
How would I go about converting the PDF to RTF or HTML to keep the styles?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
How would I go about converting the PDF to RTF or HTML to keep the styles?
to HTML I am using Adobe Professional 7.x I think.

I just open the pdf file and save it as HTML 4.0. there is another html option, I think html 3.0, don't use it. the formating comes out completely wrong. 1 line per page

RTF ...there are a couple of tools.
One of them is abbyy.pdf.transformer.2.0
I don't remember another one which is similar in quality.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

ScanSoft.PDF.Converter.2.0 is another one, I think.
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote